Weber Carb Install - What to do with the vacuum hoses? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Carb Install - What to do with the vacuum hoses?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
RogueWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Weber Carb Install - What to do with the vacuum hoses?

I'm currently installing a new Weber 34 Carburetor on my 1990 Jeep Wrangler. So far I have only removed the old carburetor from the engine along with all the vacuum hoses and electrical components. When I look at the Weber Carburetor there are a lot less vacuum hoses that need to be hooked up. What do I do with them? Are they no longer needed?

Also, Do I need to buy a fuel pressure regulator? The installation instructions for the Weber said that you need to add one if the fuel pressure was greater than 3.5 psi, but will I be fine otherwise.

Thank you in advance for the help.

RogueWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i had these diagrams on my computer,im not sure if they are relevant. i had a 90 and was going to try to get the vacum lines right but i gave up and sold it. california is tuff on changing things under the hood.
4_2_vac_lines.jpg   82mod-1vac-lines.jpg   vacuum-20diagram.jpg   vacuum_diagram3.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
RogueWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for the response. I'm sure these diagrams are going to help. Anyone know about the fuel pressure regulator?
Unread 12-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

you should end up with 3 or 4 vac lines after install, everythign else can go carb included.....depending on how you do it, I capped my egr some peole keep it....

the diagrams you have there are for carter install vac lines,....there is agood one for the weber I can never find it when I need it, but search these forums, this has been done lots

use this link it is the one I used mostest...

awsopme write up

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/w...ite-up-382309/

I DID NOT KEEP STOCK AIR CLEANER,

yes a fuel pressure regulator is required or it wont run right..remember to CAP off the lines you removed.

Also recommend nutter and the team rush mod...should get ya a good running heep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

there is one there for the weber. just be sure to use ported vacum for your distributer and not full vac. if at idle the port has vacum at idle then thats the wrong port. the egr isnt a bad thing either ,it cools of the combustion chamber and cuts down on nitros oxide. probably help with pinning as well but who knows. im sure on of the smog guys here will chime in.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 12-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

the regulaters are cheep, 20 bucks, see the numbers on it for dialing in the pressure.
fuel-p.jpg  
Unread 12-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
RogueWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you. That was a huge help. I've been using that write up and it as been very helpful. I'm picking up a fuel pressure regulator tomorrow and I'm looking into the nutter bypass. From what I've seen so far I don't think it will be too difficult.
Unread 12-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

Get the Holley fuel regulator, the rest are not so good.
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

2x on the holly, it's like 10 bucks more, but I've heard so many people say they got another brand and after a few weeks it either expolded or leaked terribly. I put the holley 12-804 on mine(make sure you get the barb fittings too and a gauge) and it works great. I will admit though I have seen a few people say they runb without one just fine.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.