weber carb idle issue - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
goreboy8
1987 YJ Wrangler 

weber carb idle issue

Hello everyone, i installed the weber carb and can't seem to figure out why my idle speeds up when the engine is warm and slower when it is cold.
When the engine is cold it idles at around 500 RPM and when warm at around 900-1000 RPM.
Can anyone please help?
Thank you in advance

4.2l I6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

You have two idle speed screws, a fast idle that should be in play while the choke plates are closed and or during some time while they are opening. The other is the Curb idle speed screw, both control the throttle plate position.

If your fast idle speed screw is set too shallow to reach the fast idle cam or so deep that it cannot 'climb' onto it, either will prevent the function that was intended, faster idle during the warmup.

Likewise the Curb Idle speed screw set too deep could allow the same issue... choke plate in play= slow idle, choke plate open=faster idle speed, if the fast idle screw is out of position.

The cure is to set the screws.

Which "Weber" have you mounted?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
goreboy8
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i have the WK551-34

Tags
carb , idle , issue , slow , weber

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.