Weber Carb.? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber Carb.?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Weber Carb.?

OK Guys I've got a 87 YJ and that stock @#%* carb is gone and I guess the Weber is the way to go from what Ive heard. Im not a hot rod so is a 32 DGEC big enough? I konw a bunch of you guys have done this so please give me a helping hand here please. I know the pressure regulator is a must for MPG.

(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!

Last edited by clarkjdg; 08-10-2008 at 08:57 PM..
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Jblood
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep, i put the 32/36 in mine back in January, and its been working great ever since, smoothed the idle and all other problems right away. Also I found carbs unlimited had the cheapest price on any Weber I had seen. As for the pressure reg I had mine set at suggested psi and it killed two fuel pumps, so I nixed the whole thing and i haven't noticed a difference. the 32/36 is for a little quicker acceleration and top speed due to its progressive set up and the 34/34 is more for low end torque but a lot of people have had very desirable results from both kits

also this link was very helpful to me

hope it helped
-John
If you're not driving a Jeep, then **** you! -texasdog

Yeah I wanna pay top dollar for inexperience! That's why I take my Jeep to the dealer for service - vadslram

i have a sahara and wheel the piss out of it - JimKuback

Crashing usually happens without prior notice. That is why it is usually referred to as an accident. Actually, it is quite sudden in most cases. - GeneralDisarray

Last edited by Jblood; 08-11-2008 at 08:46 AM..
Jblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
jeepercreeper77
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i have a 34/34 interco weber and it works really well.i'm still tinkering with it but it's worth it.you have to use the pressure regulator because the carb operrates at 2.5 to 3.0 psi. if you run it higher it will run richer.search around alittle you'll get lots of info.
90 wrangler,4.2l,1" MML,CRT HEI Dist.,34/34(interco) weber, hurst shftr,5spd,5" BDS lft,f-d30/r-8.8,5/8 lft booms,1" bl,tflex belly up,JB convs. SYE,gdyr mtr35s,hurc'ed,smit src frt bump,gen-r rear bump w/tire carrier,f&r tube fenders,psc knokrs,r gen-rgt ful conr gurds,duel bat.,BIC,m8000
jeepercreeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Look into the Motorcraft MC2100 swap.
It is Much cheaper just as reliable plenty of knowledge on the carb.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #5
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I bought my jeep stock with the carter carb. The first thing I did was replace that piece of **** with the weber 32/36. Right out of the box there was a noticable difference. I never knew my jeep could sound the way it did that first run down the road with it. The set up with the open air filter is great. When you put the pedal down you can hear the second barrel open right up and the pick up was amazing. Best investment I've made on my jeep. I run a pressure regulator I have mine at 2 for regular driving, and 1.5 for offroad. Keep in mind each engine wears differently so play around with the regulator alittle bit to find whats best for you. I never would have guessed that my 87 had all that power waiting to be set free. I think you will be happy with weber.
Unread 08-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #6
xxxflhrci

I love my Weber 32/36. I have driven it with and without a regulator and can't tell any difference.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.