Weber carb on a 4.5 stroker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber carb on a 4.5 stroker

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 04-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
55jeepskeet

Weber carb on a 4.5 stroker

Let me start off by saying I love my carb'ed motor. So with that being said has any one biult a 4.5 stroker using a 4.0 block with the 4.2 rods an crankshaft and been able to keep using there stock 4.2 exaust and intake manifolds and there weber carb? Question two can I use the 4.2 cam shaft? This will be my first stroker biuld so any additional info would be great.

55jeepskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

To get the best benifit from your stroker, I would go with the offy intake and holley TA 4 barrel and a header. I would also recomend comp cam X4250H for a screaming stroker. I installed these parts on my 258 witha 4.0 head swap and it was like a different engine, I don't miss a V-8. You don't have to add these parts to your stroker, however, why not get the most from your stroker now that you have went to the trouble to build a 4.5, get all the power available.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.2 , 4.5 , stroker , weber

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.