weber carb??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > weber carb???

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

weber carb???

Does weber have a computer controlled carb?

AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
mekken
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nope only thing electric is the choke unless you get a manual choke. The wire is there already so I got the auto choke. Awsome carb btw 3 years strong with mine.
mekken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So its like the carter then? And if so it adapts to the stock air cleaner right??
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Jax89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Do some research on the weber vs mc2150... Most say the weber is a PITA to tune, and I agree. I have the MC2150 which IMO is the better carb and is much easier to tune.
Jax89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well I'm just wondering because I'm in cali, but I passed with a weber carb, confused? ???
Unread 11-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Jax89Jeeper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris
Well I'm just wondering because I'm in cali, but I passed with a weber carb, confused? ???
Yeah, Cali is a PITA... I live in FL with no emissions testing, makes life much easier with my Jeep for sure.
Jax89Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
DAVE4273
1989 YJ Wrangler 

they have an adaptor that will allow for the stock air cleaner assembly. Happy thanksgiving
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you and happy thanksgiving to all
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
CA laws cover emissions and equipment. Enforcing the equipment part usually just depends on who is doing the visual inspection. I took my YJ to one station to get it smogged and the tech checked the cat for a CARB EO. Unhappy with the service and results at that station, after making repairs/upgrades I had my YJ smogged at a different place and the tech did not check for the EO on the cat, and let me slide on not having a PCV line hooked up properly. He did however look very closely at the EO sticker for the Howell TBI that I put in and made sure that everything was hooked up according to the vacuum line diagram. Not every smog check station is equal.

The weber you have is apparently tuned well enough to pass the sniffer, and it was smogged at a station that either didn't know what the true OEM setup is, or simply overlooked the fact that the carb wasn't stock. A properly tuned aftermarket carb can pass CA emissions (sniffer test) on the 4.2L YJ, it usually just fails the visual inspection for not being OEM.

The only CA legal carb for the 4.2L YJ is the OEM Carter BBD, with all the bells, whistles, vacuum lines and computer.

Better hope you don't get pulled over by a savvy cop looking to rack up fines for illegal equipment. You can get fined for having a Weber on your 4.2L YJ here in Cali.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Aww snap that's not good.... well then I'm going to ake a picture of the carb and you guys tell me, because someone told me its a weber....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.