Weber air cleaner adapter - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2002, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
johny1i

Weber air cleaner adapter

Just installed a new Weber over the weekend and bought the optional adapter that allows you to use the stock air cleaner assembly for cold air intake (bought it all from Carbs Unlimited--carbs.net). Have any of you guys used this setup? I tried it both ways today at speeds up to 80 mph and I really didn't see a difference--I think the added flow of the square weber air filter balances out the cold air of the stock setup. Anyway, I think I'm going to send the adapter back, but I was just wondering if anybody saw a real difference/advantage that might entice me to keep it (I don't think it's worth the extra $30).

Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2002, 04:31 PM
dcbeer

I found it is good for cold weather. Helps with the warm-up process. However, living in Florida I would think it is not needed. I would just stay with the small base and K&N filter.

1988 yj, computer bypass, webber carb and the ever famous BA10/5 transmission (if you have one you know it or will find out).
post #3 of 3 Old 06-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Charlie L

One advantage that comes to mind is that the stock assembly may help keep mud and water out of the carb a little better. I know that the square filter is oil coated and can be cleaned, but it's a little harder for mudd to travel up the inlet on the stock assembly.

Just a thought
Charlie

87 YJ, Wilderness Safari Rack
31/10.50 BFG's on 15X8 Atlas wheels, 1.25" shackle lift,
Weber Carb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.