Weber air cleaner adapter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber air cleaner adapter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-25-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
johny1i

Weber air cleaner adapter

Just installed a new Weber over the weekend and bought the optional adapter that allows you to use the stock air cleaner assembly for cold air intake (bought it all from Carbs Unlimited--carbs.net). Have any of you guys used this setup? I tried it both ways today at speeds up to 80 mph and I really didn't see a difference--I think the added flow of the square weber air filter balances out the cold air of the stock setup. Anyway, I think I'm going to send the adapter back, but I was just wondering if anybody saw a real difference/advantage that might entice me to keep it (I don't think it's worth the extra $30).

Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
johny1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 04:31 PM   #2
dcbeer

I found it is good for cold weather. Helps with the warm-up process. However, living in Florida I would think it is not needed. I would just stay with the small base and K&N filter.
Unread 06-25-2002, 05:25 PM   #3
Charlie L

One advantage that comes to mind is that the stock assembly may help keep mud and water out of the carb a little better. I know that the square filter is oil coated and can be cleaned, but it's a little harder for mudd to travel up the inlet on the stock assembly.

Just a thought
Charlie
Charlie L is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.