Weber 38/38 problems/questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber 38/38 problems/questions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Weber 38/38 problems/questions

ok so i installed a weber 38 onto my stock 4.2 today it starts up runs fine but i have ran into a couple of problems A). The FPR that i installed isnt showing any change in pressure on the gauge no matter how much i turn the nob, any ideas

B). also i have like maybe 2 inches of gas pedal travel and the pedal is really stiff, like REALLY STIFF has anyone else had these problems i looked but could not find the answer

MosesYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
jstang
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ditch the regulator, use the stock bypass filter if using a mech. fuel pump. You either have binding linkage or your return spring(s) are too tight.
jstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesYJ View Post
ok so i installed a weber 38 onto my stock 4.2 today it starts up runs fine but i have ran into a couple of problems A). The FPR that i installed isnt showing any change in pressure on the gauge no matter how much i turn the nob, any ideas

B). also i have like maybe 2 inches of gas pedal travel and the pedal is really stiff, like REALLY STIFF has anyone else had these problems i looked but could not find the answer
what brand of fpr are you using and what type of gauge? A gauge with fluid in it will work best. Assuming you are using the Holley FPR, right? As was mentioned, you don't really need it. I ran with the holley at first and had few issues, but ditched it and have never even noticed it. The OEM filter is an FPR. As long as you are using that and a mechanical pump(as previously mentioned) you won't have any issues.

Find a helper you use the pedal while you watch the linkage. I had some issues with my linkage at first. I had to install an extra spring and had to adjust some of my linkage, but it works good since. What part of the state is Bishopville in?
Unread 07-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the input guys my stupidity was the reason for the regulator not working i was trying to tighten and loosen the hex key without loosening the bolt under it, i am using a holley fpr with a mr gasket gauge btw, taking the gauge out and plugging it when i have everything worked out

still havent figured out the pedal but i guess ill just have to get used to it , jeep has a lot more power im very happy with the swap

bishopville is on the eastern shore 5 minutes from ocean city
Unread 07-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

bump.... any more ideas on how to loosen the pedal up some or something its still incredibly stiff
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

A picture of your linkage setup would be a great help.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ok here is the linkage with the filter off sorry if pic is bad ill try to get another one up
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

I see an engine bay with many of the parts that are found in one, a good portion of a fairly good size garage with a boat inside it... then over here we get an obscured view of a rod.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #9
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

x2, you can get in there and grab some good pics.
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the help guys but i called weber and they told me to mess with the lengths of the short rod on the linkage not the main rod i made it longer by about an inch and it increased the leverage on the whole linkage now the pedal is like stock ill upload a pic later because i cant explain it very well

Tags
fuel pressure regulator , help please , weber carb

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.