Weber 32/36 noises - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Weber 32/36 noises

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Weber 32/36 noises

I just installed a brand new Weber 32/36 on my YJ as well as completed the nutter. When the YJ is idling there is a quiet sucking noise coming from the weber, it sounds like it's coming from the bowls. Is this normal?

Also, when given some gas, the shot of fuel into the carb is very audible, it actually sounds pretty cool but I didn't know if this was normal either.

Also Also, the distributer advance line goes to the egr port (on the carb) or the vacuum advance port (on the carb)? I currently have it to the vacuum advance port (on the carb) and have the egr one capped. The only reason I ask is because this is a highly debated topic around here. I will read that without question it should be hooked up one way, and then the next thread is just as sure that it should be the other way around!!!

But anyways... what about those noises? Okay? or possible carb gasket leak? I highly doubt there are any hose leaks cause I only have a few hooked up

Thank ya, bluedaffy

bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Sound is typical.

For spark advance, I suggest that you use manifold vacuum if you're running the OEM Motorcraft distributor.
It was designed and set to use that signal.

If you're insistent on using a ported signal use the 'S' (vacuum advance)port.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks mcmud. I am not really insistent, I just want my setup to be as accurate as possible. My distributor is HEI, or my electronics is... I'm not sure if a distributor by itself can be HEI, can it?
bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Without knowing the name brand of the HEI I'll have to throw up the caution flag whether or not it was designed to use a manifold signal, or whether or not the vacuum mechanism is adjustable/adaptable to use ported or manifold.... I've zero experience with using one.
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
noise , sucks , vacuum advance , weber , weber carb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.