waterpump dead, what kind do i buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > waterpump dead, what kind do i buy?

NEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
BombThreat

waterpump dead, what kind do i buy?

Hey guys and girls, my waterpump died on my 1991 wrangler 4.0 and was wondering what is a good replacment for it... Also while im at it i think im going to replace the thermastat too, so any suggestions would be very helpful! thanks in advance

Unread 10-11-2002, 08:52 PM   #2
GASPEDDLER

hi bomb threat, i can't seem to remember any brand names off the top of my head-it's friday night (beer night)-you know.

i would suggest you avoid those discount auto part stores, such as autozone.
i've always been partial to the carquest auto parts chain, not sure if they are in your part of the world.

those discount chains tend to sell cheesy (mickey mouse) merchandise and although they warranty them, they don't warranty your time, sweat and effort.

i live in a very hot part of the country, so i prefer to run the coolest thermostat available, currently i'm running a 180 degree in my '94 yj (2.5).

good luck to you,
hth
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 09:52 PM   #3
SeaBee
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, just about everything I've bought at Autozone has been junk (especially electrical). The only problem is they are the only close store open on Sundays. I've had good luck with NAPA and the price isn't all that different.
Unread 10-12-2002, 11:57 AM   #4
GASPEDDLER

ditto seabee, napa has always sold quality and zero hassles on returns.
another thing i like is that most napa stores are independently owned and operated, so you know your dealing with local folks.

i like to pick up what i need during the week and work on my vehicles on the weekend.

oh, a couple other reasons we like napa is that they sponsor michael waltrip and my kids think thier commercials are funny.
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 01:27 PM   #5
aboynamedmoose

Damn what a coincedence. I just had mine replaced on my 91 4.0 liter on Wednesday, I'm not really sure what kind he used but I realized i probably could have done it myself. It was leaking for a while from the weep holes and the whole time I thought it was the radiator hose. As far as the part, I know they have a heavy duty one for sale in the new Quadratec catalog on page 160. Hope this helps
aboynamedmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #6
BombThreat

thanks for the info, i may pick that up

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.