Waterproof seat covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Waterproof seat covers

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
huskerconan
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Waterproof seat covers

Been shopping around for a set of neoprene camo seat covers. Just put in some Cav seats and need some protection. I'm not afraid to spend some cash on a good set just not sure whats good or bad. Any first hand knowledge? Thanks

huskerconan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Neoprene is not waterproof, it might be water resistant at best. Mine weren't, so I removed them and used two large plastic bags when it rained.
I replaced my seats with cloth seats and keep my soft top on and just remove the doors and windows.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wet Okole. And don't skimp on the seat heaters either!!!
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Neoprene and or Wet Okole seat covers are far from water proof. The only true water proof seat cover is something made out of vinyl. I use Bestop brand.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
fbv193
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Far from waterproof ? I have used Wet Okole seat covers for over 10 years on my YJ, and they are waterproof for all practical purposes. If water gets through them it is at a seam or seat belt hole, not the material itself.

That does not mean you will not get a wet butt after a rain ! They are waterproof in the sense that water does not go through them, but they will get wet and absorb some moisture on the surface. When I lived in PA, my Jeep would go topless 4 months out of the year. After a rain, there would be puddles in my seats, even hours later.
fbv193 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbv193 View Post
Far from waterproof ? I have used Wet Okole seat covers for over 10 years on my YJ, and they are waterproof for all practical purposes. If water gets through them it is at a seam or seat belt hole, not the material itself.

That does not mean you will not get a wet butt after a rain ! They are waterproof in the sense that water does not go through them, but they will get wet and absorb some moisture on the surface. When I lived in PA, my Jeep would go topless 4 months out of the year. After a rain, there would be puddles in my seats, even hours later.
To me if it rains and the seats get wet and I sit in that seat and my butt and back gets wet then that is not water proof. On the other hand with vinyl seat covers if they get wet I can wipe them off by hand and my butt and back does not get wet. I used to use Wet Okole covers and hated them. And my JEEP is topless 10 months out of the year.
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
fbv193
1993 YJ Wrangler 

OK, well we have a different definition of waterproof. Yes, with Wet Okole seat covers, you WILL get a wet butt after a rain. However, the rain is not making it through to your seats, rusting springs and mildewing the foam.
fbv193 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes I agree. But I think most people who want waterproof seat cover will be to keep them dry not the seat. Then again, with vinyl seat covers you get the best of both worlds. Dry butt and seat. Only down fall is hot summer days you get sweaty back. Wet Okole seat covers in the winter time are the best. Keeps you nice and warm as you may know.
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Sportyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

All,

I am looking to replace my seats and seatbelts any suggestions? Seriously want to replace the rear bench seat the front 2 seats are in decent shape, so I am not sure if I should get nice seat covers for them or replace them outright.

Thoughts?

Chris
Sportyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
uhohthe50
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for the same seats as well since I have cavalier seats. Subscribing...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.