Water Pump Pulley - Studs vs no studs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Water Pump Pulley - Studs vs no studs

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

PS Pump mount and pivot bolts are 27 N*m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You could always get a crows foot attachment for the torque wrench but I just make sure that the nuts for the fan are tight.
Side note...picked up a radiator from the guy that I bought my Weber off of. All is right with the world again. $50 and it's almost brand new, of course had to sit and shoot the bull about jeeps for a little while too. He told me he is going up to Gilbert, MN in June. Check out youtube and there should be some good videos from up there...just search for Gilbert.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck with the reinstall...I did mine when I first bought my Jeep and got it back together with no leaks! One of the few projects I've ever done successfully on the first attempt! LOL That lack of an automatic belt tensioner had me cursing though. ...as did removing the fan clutch!!!
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #19
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linusb View Post
Good luck with the reinstall...I did mine when I first bought my Jeep and got it back together with no leaks! One of the few projects I've ever done successfully on the first attempt! LOL That lack of an automatic belt tensioner had me cursing though. ...as did removing the fan clutch!!!
Thanks! Installed, filled, test drove at about 3:30PM. No leaks!!
Still wondering how to torque down the fan clutch to WP studs at 13 ft-lbs....

Quote:
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #20
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn8tr View Post
You could always get a crows foot attachment for the torque wrench but I just make sure that the nuts for the fan are tight.
Side note...picked up a radiator from the guy that I bought my Weber off of. All is right with the world again. $50 and it's almost brand new, of course had to sit and shoot the bull about jeeps for a little while too. He told me he is going up to Gilbert, MN in June. Check out youtube and there should be some good videos from up there...just search for Gilbert.
Good to hear about your cheaper reinvestment
I was wondering if those sawed off open-end wrenches with a ratchet hole were what I needed...LOL!
Just didn't want to put more money into it until I heard a voice(s) of experience.
Thanks!

Quote:
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to here you got it back together! 13 ft/lbs isn't very much so I just use my calibrated wrist.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
dadstoys2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You dont need to worry about the bolts just snug the up tight.
Np435 trans w/ np205
dadstoys2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.