Water Pump + Prestone Flush = Jeep Fountain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Water Pump + Prestone Flush = Jeep Fountain

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
BAJER-guy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Water Pump + Prestone Flush = Jeep Fountain

So I had a small hose leak on lower radiator hose, figured I'd throw in some Prestone Leak Stop (The big bottle, not little one with black stuff in it).

Followed directions completely to the letter, and it didnt work.

So I decided to flush the system out with the new Prestone Flush Kit (That instructs you to splice the upper hose and fit with a garden hose attachment).

That worked as it would have.. it cleaned out all kinds of mud and gunk from my system. Very cool. However... (there's always a down side isnt there).

After doing the flush, I now have a MEGA leak from my water pump AND my radiator hose. I took the hose off, turns out there is a little warping of the rubber at the end of it which creates the little leak it has.

So anyways, now I've got this huge leak and I need to know if I need to get a whole new water pump or if I can just seal it with something (RTV or Silicone?)

I'd really not like to spend a ton of money on a new water pump ($140 on Quadratec, fancy one?) Any tips or advice from the sages?

BAJER-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Why not use this one? Original Replacement Parts 4626054 - Water Pump for 91-01 Jeep® Wrangler YJ & TJ with 4 Cyl & 91-01 Cherokee XJ with 2.5L Engine - Quadratec

And pick up a lower and upper radiator hose at the same time since you are over in Italy. You do not need high performance parts on a daily driver.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.