water coming from dash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > water coming from dash

Steinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-13-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
A.S.

water coming from dash

Weve been getting a lot of rain for the last couple of days non-stop. Today as I was driving off, I noticed water leaking from both far ends of the dash, right underneath the windshield. And I mean a lot of water. My left leg was soaked and my girlfriend wasen't too happy either, she got the worst of it in a left turn. where's the water coming from?

Unread 05-14-2002, 07:05 AM   #2
johny1i

Check the large diameter drain hose that comes out of the firewall in the engine bay. It sounds like it is plugged up with leaves, etc. and the water that gets into the vent in front of the windshield is running over into your vent ducts. Otherwise, check the condition of the seal where the windshield folds down. Could be that it is shot and allowing water to get in. That's all I know of!
Currently an '86 CJ-7 and a '77 CJ-7 Golden Eagle---#4 and 5 following a '01 Sahara, '90 Sahara, and '85 CJ-7....
johny1i is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.