warn bumpers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > warn bumpers

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-23-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
jmeyer722

warn bumpers

does anyone have warn bumpers? i like the looks of them but can't afford them right now. i have all the tools need to build a set and i want to give it a try, so here is the question. can anyone give me some dimensions. lenght, width, height? how are they fastened? thanks for any help i may get.

1995 Jeep Wrangle Rio Grande, 4" Superlift, 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain on American Racing AR-136 Wheels, Pioneer CD Player, 12 Disc Pioneer Cd Changer, 2 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs mounted under back seat, Punch 100 amp under drivers seat, Factory hard top w/full doors, Factory soft top w/half doors, Bikini top, Duster cover, K&N filter,...More to come
jmeyer722 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2002, 07:50 PM   #2
tophillrod

I just installed the Warn rear bumper w/ tire carrier on my YJ last week. I like the setup - I was a little dissapointed w/ the packageing and the overall crafstmanship of the product. Here's my gripe... The box that had the tire carrier wasn't big enough to fit the entire part, so it got a little banged up on the end (no biggy - it's 3/16" square tubing). The whole thing bolts up nice (even though they gave me 2 wrong bolt sizes) and looks great when done. the other gripe was that the slag from the welds was left on the bumper and powder coated over. I am ok w/ it but for over 500 bucks you would think they could have taken a grinder to it first. Plus there are parts that don't quite match up and I have to take my grinder to it this weekend to make the parts atually fit. But there major selling point (the laser cut w's are perfect LOL) All and all I think it is a nice bumper and I am planning on getting the fromt one to match. As for dimensions here goes....it is as wide as the tub is and the depth is about 4 1/2 inches or so. The thickness from front to rear is about the same. It bolts on w/ 8 bolts in the rear, 2 bolts on the bottom and 4 bolts on each side w/ brackets that help stiffen the frame. All bolts are through the frame and when all done is a very sturdy setup. HTH
Warn tire rack
Dana44 rear w/ Track lock
4:10 gears
135k and running strong...
tophillrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
V8wrangler_idaho

i accually make a rear bumper swing out tire gas carrior that is kinda like warns. But more like bullet proof bumpers. its in the for sale section if you wanna check it out. under lots of custom parts for sale. im selling the hole set up for 450$ and also a nother set up with a double tube smitty built bumper with swing out and tire gas carriors for i think i posted it for 250$ anyways here is a pic of the one warn looking one. and here is one of the smitty built bumper set up.

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.