Wagoneer springs on YJ SUA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Wagoneer springs on YJ SUA

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-15-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
clarkmcmp
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wagoneer springs on YJ SUA

I'm working on this Jeep with son. We do things in stages. I am picking up my second set of front Waggy springs to put on his daily driver. We now have '95, 2.5l, 2.5" BL no adjustment to trans mounts or pitman, Ford 8.8 rear, TJ flare conversion, on 31" but plan on 33" soon.

I would like to install the waggy springs with little mods first. I plan on gaining the stretch in the front and reverse the springs in back for no stretch there. With the ford 8.8 I am already at the end of my driveshaft yoke. Can I drop the trans cradle to help this out?

My plan is to eventually do a shackle reversal in front with 1" increase in shackle length. I want to put off driveshaft mods as long as I can but still get these springs on. Comments? Steering concerns? When do I have to change shocks?

clarkmcmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
YJ4LIFE
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Shackle reverse won't give u any stretch in front with waggy springs. What do you mean end of your yolk? Does the 8.8 require a longer driveshaft or longer driveshaft?
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
clarkmcmp
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Most people go with a slip "yoke" eliminator or longer shaft with the Ford 8.8 conversion. I didn't. Wanted to wait until I get my lift right. It drives ok but can't keep input shaft seal from leaking because the spline shaft is pulled out so far.
clarkmcmp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkmcmp View Post
Most people go with a slip "yoke" eliminator or longer shaft with the Ford 8.8 conversion. I didn't. Wanted to wait until I get my lift right. It drives ok but can't keep input shaft seal from leaking because the spline shaft is pulled out so far.
I too run waggy springs, but in the stretch position. Why no stretch in the rear? Are you worried about contact between tank and diff? I went with a slip yoke eliminator and XJ front cv shaft shortened and ran it with my dana 35 for a while. Then switched over to a 8.8 and didn't have to make any driveshaft mods, other than to add the explorer flange to my shaft. I cover all of this in my build check it out. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...build-1467426/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.