Waggy Spring Lift Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Waggy Spring Lift Questions

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Waggy Spring Lift Questions

I have a 2 sets of waggy springs to lift my 93 YJ. I have a couple questions before I undertake this lift. I will be using some 5/8 in boomerang shackles with these springs. For the bushings, do I need YJ specific bushings or just new bushings for the waggy springs? Also what type of bushing would best suit this lift? This will be an occasional street driver with mostly trail use.

Next question, one set of springs appears to be newer (they're clean), the other set has surface rust and looks older. What would be best way to paint these? I don't want to hassle with undoing the springs, I was thinking sand down what i could and rustoleum spray bomb it.

Unread 08-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

anyone?
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You will need bushings for the waggy spring eye size. Then the correct size sleeves to go inside them. If memory serves u need 1/2" sleeves for the shackle ends and 9/16" sleeves for the frame ends. Personally I run poly bushings. They might not be quite as soft as the stock rubber, but they last a heck of a lot longer. Just be sure to grease them when installing.

As for paint, yeah u could just clear the surface rust and spray bomb them. Though it's better to tear them down and do each leaf individually.

edit:
you do know also that the Waggy springs, in addition to providing lift, can be used for stretch purposes as well correct? if you install them for stretch you will need to do some driveshaft modifications and lengthen your brake lines at the minimum
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
jeepster1407
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Easy!... sell em to me. no seriously i live in Dahlonega and work in gainesville ( north of ATL) where did you get them at?
jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jeepster clear your messages
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
jeepster1407
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I did please pm me again. Sorry!
jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.