==========VOTE NOW, October YJ of the MONTH CONTEST========== - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ==========VOTE NOW, October YJ of the MONTH CONTEST==========

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

View Poll Results: Vote for the '09 Oct YJOTM Contest Winner!!!!!!!!!!
KMA Krawler 71 27.84%
sebastian22 22 8.63%
mudcrawler90 13 5.10%
tomesd 91 35.69%
provinT13 10 3.92%
nates93yj 16 6.27%
NMalinov 9 3.53%
Tompatt 12 4.71%
gfd81yj 8 3.14%
Laxnyj18 3 1.18%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 10-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

==========VOTE NOW, October YJ of the MONTH CONTEST==========

Alright gents, here are the 10 runners up, in no particular order, for the October 09 YJOTM Contest!!!!!!!!!!!

Entry 1) KMA Krawler

My name is Gary and I’m a jeepaholic…it’ been 4 days since I last wheeled. I’m entering this contest with a 1993 YJ that I’ve had for 5 years. With the help of some of my closest friends and club members we have turned my YJ into what we call “Frankenjeep”. We call it “Frankenjeep” because it has parts from a TJ,XJ,and a 90 Grand Wagoneer. I have been wheeling since 1983 and have met tons of great people through the years. I hope you like what I’ve done to my YJ. Thank you for considering my jeep for this YJOM contest. KMA and JEEPFORUM RULES!!

Engine, Transmission and Transfer case: 4.0 engine and transmission from a 98 Cherokee. Transfer case from a 2001 TJ.

Drivetrain: Front CV driveshaft, Rear Tom Woods CV driveshaft with SYE Kit.

Front Axle: Dana 30 out of a Cherokee, 456 gears, CTM u-joints, Chromoly axles, Aussie Locker and a Rock-it differential slider.

Rear Axle: Dana 44 out of a 90 Waggy, 456 gears with an Aussie Locker and a Rock-it differential slider.

Front Suspension: 4.5” RE Coil conversion, DIY spring buckets, frame mounts and Ballistic joints from Ballistic Fabrication. Custom trac bar (1.5”) w/ballistic joints Custom made long arm tri-link setup.

Rear Suspension: 4” leaf springs with boomerang shackles. Class III Hitch

Bumpers: Front and rear bumpers made by Thriller Customs out of Alabama . Stinger, hitch and 2 clevis mounts on the front, rear has 2 clevis mounts. Both bumpers are air tanks to be hooked up to a compressor in the future.

Recovery: 8,000lb Warn winch with license plate attachment.

Engine: Throttle body spacer, custom made cold air intake and a Yellow Top Battery.

Tires: 35” BFG KM’s on 15X10 Black Soft 8’s, for off-road 36” Super Swamper TSL Radial on Chrome Mods.

Rear Spare Tire Carrier: OR-Fab w/ 2 Gerry can holders and Hi-Lift jack mount w/Hi-lift Jack and dual CB antenna mounts.

Electronics: Cobra CB, Garmin GPS, Sirius Satellite radio and aftermarket stereo.

Entry 2) sebastian22

I got my YJ in August of 2006. Only knew basic things about cars and maintenance, and knew NOTHING about Jeeps, except that I wanted one. It’s a 95 with a 2.5L Low Output and manual transmission. It had 110k miles when I got it and was pretty much stock and very neglected. I have since added the following:

4.5” Rubicon Express springs, Fox 2.0 Emulsion shocks, MORE front hoops and rear shock relocation brackets, Currie Shackles, Black steel wheels, 33” Baja Claws, Teralow 4:1, SYE, Tom Woods shaft, Ford 8.8 w/ LSD & Rockrusher diff cover, D30 Aussie and Poison Spyder diff cover, Custom roll cage, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, HF winch, KC lights, custom made rock sliders, Warn rear bumper / tire carrier & custom made rack, Warn gas tank skid, GenRight rear corners w/ LED tail lights, TJ gas filler, TJ flares, herculined tub, suspension seats, sound system, TJ speaker pods, Tuffy console and storage boxes, CJ7 tool box, mesh bikini top, bestop softop, Brown Dog motor mounts and brackets, 1” body lift, CB, etc.

I have done pretty much all of the work myself with the exception of the rack and the welding on the custom stuff. I have learned a lot about Jeeps and we have enjoyed many camping / off-roading trips. I have spent countless hours working on it, I have endured broken and seized bolts (damn torx), breaking down hundreds of miles from home, driving hours through 100 + degree heat without A/C and I have loved every second. My girlfriend and I have become so attached to this Jeep that we have both agreed to NEVER sell it.

Entry 3) mudcrawler90

My father and I got this Jeep 1990 YJ last November. It had been sitting in the previous owner drive way for three years torn apart and in the middle of a SOA. We traded a 1996 Chevy S-10 straight up for it. It already had a custom front bumper and Smittybilt rear, as well as a 2" shackle kit. After, restoring it over the winter (only on weekends due to work and school) it now looks like this. The first thing we did was pull the axels out, check for any damage, finish the SOA and POR-15 the axels. Then the bottom of the body was sprayed with rust stopping spray paint, the frame and front bumper are painted with POR-15, all the carpet was ripped out and replaced with black Raptor Liner. The gas tank was replaced due to some rust issues on the old one. New brake lines, calipers, disks/drums, and proportioning valve were next. After a new battery we did all the usual motor maintenance, (oil, antifreeze, clutch fluid, etc.). All the work was done by my father and I, it was a great learning experience for me and it turned out better than either of us expected.

All of the other mods came along he way:
Smittybilt XRC rocker guards
Gen-Right short corner guard
Rough Country sway bar disconnects
A 1999 TJ roll Cage w/ sound bar and custom rear hoop
Smittybilt XRC 8 winch and cover
JB 4x4 high steer bracket
32" BFG Mud Terrains on Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels
This YJ is daily driven and is wheeled at least twice a month It was a good time to build and hope everyone enjoys.

Before

After

Entry 4) tomesd

I ordered my '95 from the factory, a SE Sport model, with air, LS 3.73 in the rear, cloth seats, black. It was my daily driver until I bought my Tacoma about 3 years ago. The Jeep has about 70K miles on it, zero rust so it's in awesome shape but the paint was oxidized a little, I wanted to go with a new Jeep bright silver color and I wanted to lift it, etc.

I first Herculined the tub, then added a RE XD 4.5 lift with Soft 8's/BFG KM2's. I ordered front and rear JCR Offroad bumpers, and Shrockworks sliders and had the paint shop powder coat then (the sliders were line-x'd for grip as well). I added a Banks cat-back with a Magnaflow high flow cat, K&N CAI , TW front and rear drive shafts with 8 degree shims, and Xenon flares.

For the interior, I added some Tuffy storage boxes including a Tuffy console, new carpet, a Sony in dash with Infinity speakers/amp (in a Tuffy speaker box) and a Fosgate 10 that can be easily removed. I had a local upholsterer re pad my rear roll bars in that I got a crossbar for the rear hoops.

Entry 5) provinT13

Specs:
2.5L
Ford 8.8
Warn rocker guards
Warn front bumper
Warn steering box skid,
Warn d-30 skid
Smittybilt rear bumper + tire carrier
4" rough country lift
33" bft a/t's
xrc 8 winch

Entry 6) nates93yj

1993 Yj, 2.5L, 5 spd. Im 16 and just trying to build a Jeep, this is my daily driver/ weekend warrior. Frame off Restoration been in the proccess since X-mas day when i got it.

ARMOR
Tj Warrior corner guards, Added to the stock roll bar to make it a full cage by Extreme Custom Fab, homemade rockers, homemade bumpers, Extreme Custom Fab tube fenders

Misc.
Type III injectors
Poweraid throttle body spacer
4 inch LED and 2 inch round back up light
Herculined
TJ flares
4inch Extended coated blue braided brake lines
Deep Water Blue paint on JK wranglers

Drivetrain
Poweraid throttle body spacer
Rough Counrty 2.5 and homemade 5/8s Boomerangs
Dana 30 HP 4.10
Dana 35 4.10
33x12.50 Dayton Timberlines

Before

After

Entry 7) NMalinov

Firstly I want to sorry about my bad English, but I hope you will understand me.

Here is the story.
The Wrangler was my dream. It is very exotic car in my country, like all US cars.
In summer of 2006 I was in USA for 4 mounts and after I saw all customized Wranglers I start to safe my money to buy one. After I was comeback in my county the first thing that I made was to buy my 1991 2.5 YJ, and that day was the happiest in my life.
In the next days the nightmare comes true. The YJ starts with the problems and one by one I change every part in it, but with a lot of pain and patience. The YJ parts was the hardest thing to find in my country, and more of them I ordered from USA. I start with all bushings – body, frame, suspension, engine and transmission, and all other rubber parts. After that I rebuild transmission, transfer case and the engine.
After my YJ start to drive without problems I start thinking for lift and biggest tires. Here was the next bump – nobody sell aftermarket YJ parts, and because the shipping from US for heavy parts is too expensive I start to make everything alone. First was the leaf springs. Found some leafs in junkyard, I don’t know the car that they come from, recycling my leafs and a one leaf from junk ones. The lift comes close to 2.5”.
The next thing was wheels and tires, and here was the next bump. Nobody sell wheels with 5x4.5”, and I buy 31” tires and drive them on stock 6” wheels with a lot of rub in leafs.

This summer I waned to go from 31” to 33” and start searching for wheels again, and bump again. Then I made a decision to made a wheel adapters. I made them, buy brand new 16x8 6x5.5” wheels and new 285/75x16 tires.
Ordered extended flares and go in shop for paint.

Here how it is now:

1991 YJ 2.5L whit LPG converted.
2.5” custom add a leaf and Skyjacker shocks
16x8 steel wheels whit ET -44 and 15 mm. wheel adapters
285/75x16 Silverstone MT-117 Sport
7” Rugged Ridge flares

Entry 8) Tompatt

I got my 1987 Jeep Yj for my 15th birthday in March 2007 and I have been working on it ever since. The PO rebuilt the frame, he made it stronger and got rid of all the rust. He also put a newer engine in it. I'm 17 now. I have done everything to my jeep myself and I'm proud. I have replaced and rerouted all the vac lines the PO screwed up, nuttered it while I was at it. Put the RC 4" lift on with 3/4" brandonyj shackles. Purchased a 10" tuffy stereo console. Then threw a marine stereo in it. I put 2 brand new bestop seats in it. Replaced and painted the dash. Purchased a bikini top. Line-xed the Fenders and the Famous Bumpers. haha. It also has a Custom light bar with rescue lights. Bright!! Just got some 33x12.50x15 KM2s with 15x8 Soft 8s.

Before. (First few months I had it)

After.

Entry 9) gfd81yj

1988 jeep yj

-engine
4.2 litre 6 cyl
k&n air filter
custom built high clearance exhaust with aftermarket cat and spin tec single chaimber muffler

-front axle
dana 30
warn diff gaurd
3.73 gears

-rear axle
ford 8.8
3.73 gears
rock crusher diff cover
factory ltd slip

-steering
drop pitman arm
rugged ridge heavy duty crossover steering
rancho rs5000 steering stabilizer

-suspension
rubicon express 4 inch
currie greasable standard front and boomerang rear shackles
doeshtec shocks

-tires and wheels
33x12.50x15 bfgoodrich mud terrains
15x8 black streetlocks

-body
mile marker 9500 winch
front tow hooks
poison spyder trail stinger
flatfendered front fenders
sun performance rock sliders
rear tj flares
src classic rear bumper and tire carrier with 2 inch reciever
bestop supertop with sunblocker windows

-interior
bestop trailmax reclinable front seats
bestop trailmax rear bench seat
bestop lockable center console
or-fab sport cage
herculined tub

-electronics
cobra 40 channel cb
tunable antenna
pioneer cd player

Entry 10) Laxnyj18

-1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ Flat Black 5spd
-I6 with the crappy stock Carb.
-4" Rough Country lift
-33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs with Kevlar
-15x8 cheap black steelies
-2 Hella driving lights on front bumper
-Radio Shack CB radio
-3" firestick antenna with a tire-stop mount
-Grey Hardtop and Softop and a Black Bikini top
-Black full hard doors and full soft doors
-Stock axles for now
-JVC head unit
-Two front bolt-on shackles
-A hitch shackle receiver
-Love and a little TLC.

Unread 10-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

There were many good choices this time around. I had around 24 entries and trimmed them down to 10. I ran it by 5 people, not all JF members but all Jeep enthusiasts. There list came down to 13 and 3 did not have proper links for photos. So here is the list, happy voting Ladies and gents.

My apologies for the delay in the contest start. Please keep the *****ing out of this thread. You know who you are and I will no longer allow you to enter into this contest.

-Rusty

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
grnjp88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tough decision this time around..

There are some great looking rigs up here.

Unread 10-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Can traitors still vote?
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

haha was I one without the proper links? I mean don't feel obligated to answer but I just want to make sure i get it right next time..I was the Blue one with tube fenders, just wanting to know if I could have made it to the final 10... thanks
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
tomesd
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck everyone- They all look great!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/first-pics-my-95-restoration-861394/"][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Silver"]Pics and specifics[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/congratulations-our-winner-yjotm-contest-tomesd-876938/"][COLOR="Silver"][B][B]Oct '09 YJOTM[/B][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[ ].[COLOR="Silver"][____][/COLOR].
[COLOR="Silver"]l__L_-[]lllllll[]-[/COLOR]_
()_) ()_)=@=)_)
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, i cant believe i actually was on the nominations. haha
Good luck to all, even though we all know who will win.
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

One of these days tompatt's gonna get some new bumpers and when this thing.
Unread 10-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
Nates93yj

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
LMFAO doubt it thou
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Unread 10-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
He'll never part with those beastly mamma jammas

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
Unread 10-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
mudcrawler90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pleased to see that I made it in the top ten. congradulations to all of those that quallified, some sharp looking rigs up there.
Having to tow your Jeep down the road with a stock truck is like water skiing naked, its embarrassing, your being pulled by a single line, and it hurts a little but in the end all you can do is look back on it and laugh!
/l , [____],
l------L--[]lllllll[]-_
()_) ()_)==♠=)_)
Unread 10-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #12
johnroot01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

had to give my vote to nate. i've been watching his build for months now, and he's finally got that thing looking like a jeep. congrats to the rest of you and good luck.

ONLY IN A
|_Jeep_|
([ ]lllllll[ ])
Unread 10-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Hurley91

Tough choice, but i went with Tompatt
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
KMA Krawler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good luck to you all, thanks for your vote in advance...

"UNANSWERED THREADS"
Unread 10-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
mudcrawler90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This is going to be a good one: KMA and tomesd for first; myself and Nate and tompatt for 3rd. Yes I know that only 1st matters but It is still nice to say that your rig came in at the top of a contest.

If I had another vote it would go to one of you guys (KMA, Tomesed) but I don't know which wet, they both have there selling points.
Having to tow your Jeep down the road with a stock truck is like water skiing naked, its embarrassing, your being pulled by a single line, and it hurts a little but in the end all you can do is look back on it and laugh!
/l , [____],
l------L--[]lllllll[]-_
()_) ()_)==♠=)_)

Last edited by mudcrawler90; 10-04-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.