Vote now for the MAY '09 YJ OF THE MONTH!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vote now for the MAY '09 YJ OF THE MONTH!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

View Poll Results: Vote now for the May '09 YJOTM contest!!!!!!!!
Goobersbro 7 3.68%
BumbleBee90 9 4.74%
JackPal 2 1.05%
Shags78 13 6.84%
Tompatt 6 3.16%
rrbgtt 74 38.95%
JaikYJ 22 11.58%
Joe's_yj 8 4.21%
4bangerYJ 47 24.74%
shatteredsoul 2 1.05%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Vote now for the MAY '09 YJ OF THE MONTH!!!!!!

Well here they are gents, get to votin. I do not have a prize for this month so just have fun with it!!!!!! LOTS OF GOOD RIGS......

1) Goobersbro

1992 specs 4.0 5 speed
Front Axle-dana 30 with aussie locker and rugged ridge HD tie rod and drag link kit
rear axle dana 35 open soon to be 8.8 LSD
suspension 4" procomp lift + 1/2" brandon_yj boomerang shackles. ditched the track bars and bought RC quick sway discos for the sway bar
interior cb, pioneer stereo, Wet okole water proof seats

Up comming mods tube fenders, front and rear bumpers, front winch and 35 12.50s

I bought the jeep to have a dd and weekend warrior. I have loved every moment of it. Sometimes it can be anoying when everything that can go wrong seems to, but I guess thats what owning a jeep is all about. I do wheel the rig its not just a beach cruiser and all the work (except for the lift... that was done by the PO) I have done myself with the help of my dad and friends.

2) BumbleBee90

Please enter my jeep in this months YJ contest of the month. I bought this 1990 YJ about a year ago. I spent weeks reading up here on JeepForum and found out lots of information. I was a first timer when it comes to working on cars, but I must say the information on here is incredible. Thanks guys! I was determined to do as much as possible on my own. The only thing I did not do on the items below is the paint job. I left that up to the professionals. Thanks again and good luck to all.

Nutter bypass
Weber 32/36 carb upgrade
Team Rush upgrade
Herculined tub
New seats
Refinished dash
Body lift
4" RC suspension lift
15 x 10 Mickey Thompsons
35" Goodyear MTRs
New paint - Detonator Yellow
Front steel bumper guard
Fenders were trimmed for TJ flares
Lots of other new hardware, hood hinges, new mirrors, new windsheild, wiper arms, tail lights, etc.

3) JackPal

93 YJ Wrangler
2.5 4 banger
3" Rough Country Lift
31 Procomp Mud Terrains
Custom Cold Air Intake

4) Shags78

Rig-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Engine-4.0 HO
Trans-32RH
T-Case-NP231 with JB Super Short SYE and shortened XJ front shaft
Front-D30 Open 4.10's
Rear-D35 Super 35 Detroit 4.10's
Suspension-3.5" BDS springs, MORE boomerang shackles, Edelbroch IAS shocks
Tires-33x12.50 R15 BFG MT's
Other-Sanden OBA, TJ flares and rear bumper, home-made CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, tow hooks, Supertop,

Summary-

Bought my Jeep in 2001. Slowly have added lift components, tires and other goodies throughout the years as I have needed them. My Jeeps is my daily driver to and from work every day as well as to and from the trail. While it isn't the most heavily modified rig out there it gets through the rocks here in Nevada where I wheel. I have so many more things I would like to do with it, but due to financial and other(wife) constraints I have to be happy with where it sits now. I've upgraded what needed to be as it needed to be to fit my wheeling style. Enjoy.

5)Tompatt

I got my 1987 Jeep Yj for my 15th birthday in March 2007 and I have been working on it ever since. The PO rebuilt the frame, he made it stronger and got rid of all the rust. He also put a newer engine in it. I'm 16 now and my birthday is March 19th. I have done everything to my jeep myself and I'm proud. I have replaced and rerouted all the vac lines, nuttered it while I was at it. Put the RC 4" lift on with 3/4" brandonyj shackles. During last summer, I saved up all my money to purchase a 10" tuffy stereo console. $318. Then threw a marine stereo in it. I put 2 brand new bestop seats in it. Replaced and painted the dash. Purchased a bikini top. Line-xed the Fenders and the Famous Bumpers. haha. It also has a Custom light bar with rescue lights. Bright!! Just replaced the intake manifold on it and runs nice. For my Birthday I'm planning on getting some 33x12.50x15 KM2s with 15x8 Soft 8s. First I need to find a tire carrier.

Before. (First few months I had it)

After.

rustywrangler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

6) rrbgtt
The jeep specs are as follows:
1995 YJ
Engine: Cummins 4BTA
Custom injectors
HY 35 Holset Turbo
Intercooler
Modified injector pump
Trans: TH-400 with reverse pattern manual valve body.
Trans Case: NP-205 twin sticked
Front: Dana 60 fully locked
Rear: 14Bolt GM with detroit locker
The jeep has a comp cut rear, tube fenders, reverse shackle BTF full width kit, rear stretch BTF kit, RE extreme duty springs, spray in liner, 39.5" boggers, and is tagged and driven almost daily. It belongs to my son Garrett Gordon and we have been building it for about a year now. The most unique thing about it is obviously the diesel engine.

7) JaikYJ
I built this jeep from stock have had it for almost 2 years. I do all the work with my Dad and my best friend Andy. If I am not turning a wrench on it or wheeling it.
I have always loved wranglers ever since I was a kid and I would see jeep convoys going down the highway throwing mud everywhere.
I bought it stock from the 2nd owner, who bought it off his friends wife when his friend passed away. It was trailered for the 1st 10 years down to florida from Niagara falls. I had every intension of keeping it stock, but I soon got the bug and it hasnt stopped from there.
List of goodies
1987 Jeep YJ Laredo, 3sp auto 4.2L
Weber 32/36m Posi-Loc
New paint inside and out from white/spice to black/black
5 american racing rims black, with 5 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws
airsoft pelets for balancing
Flush mount round tail lights, homemade turn signal/side marker blackouts
Homebrew sintger on front bumper
Trimmed stock fender flares
4inch RC lift, 2inch BL, 1inch Brandon YJ booms
Hard top/soft top/bikini top,
Full/half hard doors
Racing buckets from mitsubishi eclipse
Family style roll bar that I welded onto making a full cage
2 12 inch xplod subs in homemade box, each powered by their own alpine amp, Sony amp powering 2 6x9's in homemade speakerbar w/donelight and 2 5inch speakers in homemade speaker pod on the floor.
Realistic CB with 4 foot fire stick
Future - I have a 95 cherokee that I am taking the 4.0L with auto trans and doing an engine swap in the next 3 weeks. Would like to make a swing out tire carrier/ rear bumper.

8) Joe's_yj
88 body tub
93 everything else
4 cylinder
4 inch RE lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks
M.o.r.e. greaseable booms
Custom rear bumper with swing out
Engine drivin OBA
Dana 44 rear
Crown braided stainless break lines
4.88 gears
Aussie locker in rear
34" Super swamper LTB's
Tube fenders up front
TJ flares in the rear
Warn front bumper
4 kc's
Smitty built XRC8 winch
Pioneer speakers and head unit
Herculined
Custom made roof rack
PSC trail cage
Tom woods drive shaft

9) 4bangerYJ
When I bought my YJ new off the dealership lot in Oct 95 it was bone stock. It did not have a radio. It was your basic S model. Since then it has gone thru various suspension kits, wheel and tire sizes, tops and door combos, axle combo's about the only thing left stock is the motor and tranny. Pretty much everything else has been changed.

Motor- 2.5L (moved 4 inches forward) 62mm TB
Tranny- AX-5
T-case -D20 from a 71 Bronco (2.46) gears twin stick
Underdrive- Klune-V (4.0)
Rear axle- XJ D44 5.38's Detrtoit Cryo'ed Alloy USA shafts, Crane cover.
Front alxe- HP D44 from a 77 F250 narrowed to Waggy inner length.F-150 outers 5.38's Detroit Cryo'ed Alloy USA shafts, Bobby Long joints, Warn premium hubs. Riddler cover.

Springs- Front Deaver H78
Rear custom Deaver springs 55 inches long. Rear shackles are hung off the bumper.
F&R have the U bolts flipped.
Tires & wheels 15x8 5 on 5.5 MT Classic II with 37 inch MTR's that have been grooved.
Home made tire carrier and bumpers F&R.
Warn M8000 winch with Viking line.
Smittybuilt cage
Wheelbase has been stretched to 98 inches. The rear axle has been moved back 4 inches.
Tube front fenders.

10) shatteredsoul
My 88 is mys first Jeep ever and Ive waited along time to get one.I have to say so far it has taken any free time to go over and do repairs thing to her which I call Black Betty.However I have been biten by this Jeep bug and I totally get the Jeep thing now.Its very rewarding after fixing something or adding something to her myself that makes all the time and money spent on her soooo worth it.So this is how she sits now and like most Jeeps is always changing or planning on changes.Betty is my DD and only vehicle that I have so I got to keep her in shape for the 40+ mi daily drive to/from work.

1)88 YJ 129000+ miles,4.2,5 speed
2)2.5" Rough Country lift
3)31x10.50x15 Futura tires for now on Allied black steelies
4)New bestop and bestop seats
5)New Sony MP3 cd player,all new Polk speakers,sirius satelite radio.
6) Just put on a new windshield sticker that says "A Country Boy WILL Survive!"
7)Team Rush upgrade new MC2100 very soon.

Other than that I have worked on her every weekend since Ive bought her to fix her up a bit better and replace some worn out parts which at this point is somewhat of a long list.She will be all worth it in the long run though and thats why I sold my custom 93 Ranger to buy her.

Unread 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
SteveJcoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

RRBGT, that is so ****ing awesome

you had my vote when i saw the stack on the side
SteveJcoYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
6) rrbgtt
1995 YJ
Engine: Cummins 4BTA
4BTA FTW!
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, this was a really hard decision, lots of nice Jeeps.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Alvy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

RRBGT has my vote. Saw their rig at Jeep Beach weekend in Daytona last year. Good people and awesome Jeep!!! 4BT sounds great and come on you gotta love the camo too!!!!
1993 YJ, AX15, 4.0L, 8.8 LSD w/3.73's, Lock-rite locker in front, S.O.A. JB4x4 high steer bracket, BrandonYJ 1" Booms, Rugged Ridge SS S.Y.E. XJ drive shaft, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's, Chevy Cavy seats, woods camo paint, 200,000 miles and still goin strong!
1993 Cherokee Country AW4,4.0L, 3.55's, 4" blocks in back, 4" TJ springs front, 31x10.50 BFG A/T, Ford Red paint, recently finished with 4wd conversion
Alvy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You just see that it has a cummings and
Tompatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
Well............YEA
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
Shags78
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt View Post
Yeah it's a sweet rig. If I would have known he was in it I wouldn't have submitted. Oh well it's all in good fun.
Shags78 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
HilltopperYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

cummins

wow

A-E-K-Δ-B

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
HilltopperYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Brads_nky_yj

Thomas you got my vote man!! Kudos for a high school punk buildin his jeep his own money!! Plus I've seen your damn name up there TOO many times!!
Unread 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks rusty!

Last edited by JaikYJ; 04-29-2009 at 01:47 PM..
JaikYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #13
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
Thomas you got my vote man!! Kudos for a high school punk buildin his jeep his own money!! Plus I've seen your damn name up there TOO many times!!
haha. u need to calm down. i havent been up there much. Thx for the vote.
Tompatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #14
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

JaikYJ's Pictures were updated. Check them out guys.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
rrbgtt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
JaikYJ's Pictures were updated. Check them out guys.
You gotta like that Blacked out look. That jeep looks sharp.
rrbgtt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.