========VOTE NOW For The March YJ Of The Month======== - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ========VOTE NOW For The March YJ Of The Month========

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

View Poll Results: Voting for the YJOTM Contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tuckinauster 6 3.95%
87YJohio 8 5.26%
Brads_nky_yj 12 7.89%
Cross 27 17.76%
Pokeman 5 3.29%
Jamesx2 11 7.24%
FlyersPh9 12 7.89%
Goobersbro 3 1.97%
ElvisV04290 3 1.97%
texas_yj 5 3.29%
CoverinEarth 39 25.66%
agentr855 4 2.63%
Tompatt 3 1.97%
ACrippledFerret 5 3.29%
jeepbub08 9 5.92%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 02-26-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

========VOTE NOW For The March YJ Of The Month========

Let the voting begin Ladies and Gents.

The winner will receive, courtesy of Ridin' Around(Amsoil), 4 quarts of Diff fluid. Severe Gear 75W-90 or 75W-140. Winners choice. He will cover shipping etc. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...px?category=10

Entry 1) tuckinauster

Heres my entry for the March YJ of the Month.

Model - 1990 YJ
Engine - 1997 TJ 2.5L
Transmission - AX5
Transfer Case - NP231J
Axles - Dana 30/35 w/ 4.10 gears
Suspension - Rough Country 4" kit, No track or swaybars
Wheels - Custom 3.75" backspaced Soft 8's
Tires - 33x12.50R15 BFG AT/KO's
Unique Stuff - CJ7 hood, CJ5 grill, CJ7 Hardtop w/ Sunroof, TJ flares, 2.5" exhaust

Entry 2) 87YJohio

My wrangler is an 87 yj.
The list of mods are as fallows.
Corvett yellow paint,12" fenders, Smittybuilt bumpers and nurfs, 6 kc daylighters, light bar, warn rock sliders, qwik disconect sway, detroit lockers, 4.11, glass diff overs, custom 10"lift all springs, 40"mudders, auto chevy trans, and transfer case, b&m shifter, elec.pusher fan,
and best of all a 1969 396 chevy BB!!!!!

Entry 3)Brads_nky_yj

"This is my first jeep and was purchased completely by me in June of 2008. Everything that has been done or will be done is paid for by me. I have done a little to it so far but this summer I have big plans for
it. So far I have a 4" RC lift with upgraded Nitro shocks, stainless steel brake lines and a Perf. 2.2 Steering Stabilizer. I also run 1" Brandon_YJ shackles with 31x10.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on stock Jeep
wheels. The inside of my jeep is herc'd and I have a Midland CB for trail riding. Front and rear bumpers were built by my step dad and I and include d-rings and a 2" reciever. Hella 500's on the front bumper
and windshield help light the way down trails and hills.

My summer build up includes: SOA with 1.5" RE springs, Dana 44's from a Grand Wagoneer stuffed with ARBs, 4.88s and Chromolly Axle Shafts and the rear will be converted to disc brakes, 35x12.5 KM2s, York OBA, Custom Tire Carrier, Front
Tube fenders, JB Super Short SYE with a XJ shaft, 1/4" Steel Boatside rockers, Ballistic High steer with custom Drag link and Tie Rod and a Superwinch Epi9S. All perches/u bolts/shock mounts are from Ruff Stuff. Watch our for a complete build up of my jeep in the next few months!"

Pictures:

Entry 4: Cross

Jeep:
1991 Renegade
Drivetrain:
4.0l H.O.
5 speed
NP 231 t-case with a JB Conversions Super Short SYE
Front driveshaft not sure where it came from rear is from a XJ
Front HP Dana 44 full width axle 4.10 gear
Rear Dana 60 full width axle with 4.10 gears
Suspension:
BDS 2" lift spring in the front
BDS 2.5" CJ lift springs in the rear
Pro Comp adapter to allow for a eye mount shock on the front
.5" custom built shackles
BDS front shocks
Rancho RS5000 rear shocks
Steering:
Highsteer arms with 1" spacer
Custom built drag link and tie rod using 3/4" heims
Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizer shock
4" drop pitman arm
Wheels and tires:
15x8 Rock Crawler Series 51
38x12.50 TSL Super Swampers
Armour/bumpers:
Replaced rusted t-case and gas tank skid
Custom rear diff guard
Cut down stock bumper in the front
Misc:
Trimmed Renegade body kit
Goodridge braided steel brake lines
Family cage painted matching green
Repaired frame rust at the rear of the frame

This is my first Jeep and really the first vehicle I have worked on. I have done all the work myself except the welding. This Jeep is far from done I have some plans but I know new ideas will come along down the road. I built it as a trail rig but also use it as a daily driver. Careful attention was paid to things so it handles great on the road. I could not be happier with how things are turning out. This Jeep has been great for learning how to work on a Jeep and what does what and why. I know there will be some great Jeeps in this contest and I wish them all luck.

Pictures:
How she looked when I brought her home.

How she sits now.

Entry 5: Pokeman

Specs:
YJ: '91 150,000 Miles
Engine: 4.0 , 136,000 Miles (2nd engine)
Stock T-Case & AX-15

Suspension:
3.5 inch Sky Jacker
Rancho 9000's
Brandon YJ 1/2 inch boomerang shackles

Tires: 33x12.5 Road King AT's
Wheels: American Racing Rims 15 x 8

Body:
Heculined

Tops:
Bikini Top & tanu cover & rear window
Best-top soft top

Goodies:
Warn 9000i
ARB On Board Air under the hood
Hella Lights
CB
High Lift Jack
Jenson Sound Bar
2 - 8" Polk Audio speakers mounted behind shift stick
Seat Covers
Clarion head unit

Custom:
*Dual exhaust out each side in front of rear tires.
*I welded 4, bolt-on 3/4inch d-ring clevis mounts to the front and rear stock bumpers. They are centered on the all four corners of the frame.
*I just moved the Hi-lift jack. It is now mounted across the wheel wells in the rear. It is just behind the rear mounting points of the roll bar.
*The CB antenna is only 24" tall. Perfect for the trails. I mounted it in the jeep so the soft top will cover it. It is mounted on the high-lift jack mounting bracket behind the driver seat.

Future Plans:
- Raise the intake. I am looking into getting 3inch exhaust pipe custom bent and potentially running a snorkel. I am not sure if I will go with the hummer style or standard snorkel style yet.
- Ford 8.8 with 4.10 LS & 4.10 4cyl front axle
- E-locker on the Dana 30.
- Next year it will need some Mud Terrains

I was a CJ-5 guy. I spent hours and hours wrenching on my CJ. One night my wife and I came across this for sale. We went to and looked it over, I will never forget the wife wispering in my ear... hunny I have the check book... he he he. On the test drive the fuel pump failed and the manifold cracked, nothing we did, just normal street driving. We bought it anyway had it trailed home and I went to work getting it ready for the road again. It has no rust, none on the body, none on the frame, a rare find in these parts. I sold my CJ-5 for YJ parts $ and will never go back. I really enjoy taking this around the finger lakes in the summer.

Unread 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Entry 6) jamesx2

Specs:

1990 YJ ,2.5 Low output , 5 speed standard ,
4 wheel drive hardware 2 inch spring lift
Rubicon Express hand throttle
Posi-lok
M.O.R.E 5/8: lift boomerang shackles
Aussie locker up front
No trackbars
No swaybar
1 inch JKS MML
Smittybilt 8000# winch
1.5 inch skate board wheel body lift
Interco TSL/SX 32x11.50x15
15 x 8 AR-767 rims
OBA
Pontiac sunfire front seats
Family style roll bar
CJ Plastic trunk

-I bought this Jeep in stock condition and have done all of the mods by myself
-I am also using the YJ to help out the community by using it as transportation to bring supplies to the fire tower that is being rebuilt in our city

( Those ugly squre tube fenders are gone and stockers are going back on if it helps any )

Entry 7) FlyersPh9

Specs / Modifications:
2.5L 1991 YJ
3.5" Black Diamond Suspension Lift Kit
15" Cragar Black D Window MOAB Rated Wheels
32" MudKing Tires
A-To-Z Fabrication Custom Width Front Tube Fenders covered in Rhinolining (5.25" to be street legal to cover my entire tire)
A-To-Z Fabrication Custom Built Front Bumper and winch plate covered in Rhinolining and D-Rings
A-To-Z Fabrication Rocker Panels covered in Rhinolining
MESA 4x4 LED Flush mount brake lights and side turn signals
Gen Right License Plate relocater with ORO LED license plate light & 3rd brake light
TJ rear bumper flipped upside down (to allow tailgate to swing open with 32" spare), two tow hooks, two reverse lights from Walmart, and CB antenna mount.
Midland CB radio with PA horn hidden in engine bay
Smittybilt XRC8000 Winch
Rusty's Offroad Steering Stabilizer
Aussie Dana 30 locker
SOLID Dana 30 differential cover
DUAL stereo (sorry, don't know the exact model number right now) with iPlug
Two Pioneer four inch speakers (100w each) installed in Sound Bar
Pioneer 12" Subwoofer (TS-W302 R / 800W Max) in custom built boxes
KnuKonceptz 4 gauge amp wiring kit
Two VR-3 Amps
Headlight and grill turn signal guards
Bestop Replace-A-Top
KC Windshield Light Mounts with Walmart Knockoff Lights
Pepboys Seat covers (Don't know the brand, sorry...just some $20 covers)

Why it is special to me: I bought my Jeep the week I got my license with my own money. I have had it for about 2 years now, and my parents have yet put a single dollar into the Jeep, and I like it that way. I take great satisfaction knowing that every single thing on my Jeep has been paid by me with no help from family or friends. I have big plans for my Jeep, as do most Jeepers, but being a freshman in college has limited my work. Usually I work all summer, spending very little on anything, and then in one week blow nearly all of my summers earnings on Jeep parts. This past summer I bought the winch, steering stabilizer, locker, and differential cover at the York, PA All Breeds Jeep Show sponsored by the club I am a member of (PA Jeeps). Luckily, I still had left over money which I am saving for this summers build (Ford 8.8 rear, SYE, NV3550, and SBC 350).

Entry 8) Goobersbro

Hello, My name is Jonathan Moore im a 16 year old high school senior from northern California. I had always wanted a 4x4 vehicle and around the age of 14 i decided i wanted a jeep. I started working for a local contractor in the summer of 06 and he liked me enough to keep me around. I worked two solid summers and saved up enough money to buy my jeep. After tons of looking i found my babe. It is a 1991 Jeep renegade. It has zero rust, a 4" procomp lift, 31" procomp mt's, 1/2 Brandon_yj boomerang shackles, and a teraflex hand throttle. I bought my jeep for a Daily Driver and a Weekend warrior. I love it so much and i would love even more to win The YJOM contest. My jeep forum name is Goobersbro. My future mods for the jeep include front and rear bumpers, lockers, a winch, 8.8, 33s and much more. Thank you for considering me and good luck to everyone.

Entry 9) ElvisV04290

This is my 1990 Jeep Wrangler in Colorado Red with Laredo pinstripes.

Engine: 4.2L Strait Six, Weber 32/36 Carburetor, 'Nutter' Bypass
Transmission: TorqueFlight 999 Automatic
Transfer Case: New Process 231 w/ slip yoke
Front Axle: Dana 30, Open, Vacuum Disconnect, 3.55 Ratio
Rear Axle: Dana 35, Open, 3.55 Ratio
Suspension: Stock height 4 leaf pack fronts with heavy duty 6 leaf pack rears.
Tires: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 30x9.5x15
Wheels: Stock '5 spoke' aluminum rims, 15x7
Recovery: Recovery Strap, Tow hooks, Shackles
Armor: SRC Front Bumper, Stock skid plate
Accessories: Fog lights front and rear, 4 x 100 watt lights on homemade light bar, Cobra CB+WX, 102" Whip

I got my Jeep in 2003 when my dad brought it home. The thing ran horrible, had soft doors plus a hard top, tiny tires, and was leaking something from everything it seemed. I worked for a couple months fixing everything, and even took my drivers test in it! Since then I have added the hard doors (and painted them), the extra lights + homemade bar, SRC front bumper, replaced the carb with a Weber, and put on a some other fun stuff. All my extra cash goes into the Jeep (which isn't much that often), so I buy stuff whenever I can on a college budget, but it's going to be a long time till I can lift it at this rate.

Entry 10) texas_yj

My YJ is 1994 with a FI 4.0l and AX15 manual tranny, NP 231 transfer case and 3.07 gears.

Sinse I bought the jeep nearly stock; I have done the following things to it:
1) 31/10.50 x 15 BFG Mud Kings on factory Jeep 2001 aluminum rims, I like them, quite on the road, good in the mud (no rocks around here)
2) 2 ½” Rough Country suspension lift kit, with upgraded Nitro shocks, and matching steering stabilizer
3) 2” Body Lift, which was put on the clear the 31”s before I could afford the suspension lift
4) I have fabricated my own front bumper with radiator guard winch mount and light mounts, rear bumper, rock sliders, and rocker guards
a. The front bumper is made from 2 X 4 12 gage box tubing with tapered ends
b. dual 10,000# D rings and Tow Bar mounts
c. 1 ½” winch and radiator stinger style tubing protection with two 100 watt day lighters mounted on it
d. 8,000 Champion winch with roller fairlead (which has never been used to pull me out, but has pulled out like a dozen others)
e. Rear bumper is the same 2 X 4 box tubing; I welded nuts to the back side of the factory ¼” bumper spacers and welded that to the new bumper so that it is removable. The factory drop down hitch mount was used to reinforce the 2” receiver that is mounted to the bumper and keeps everything removable for repairs
f. The rocker guards are made of ¼” X 3” plate, and I used carriage bolts to attach it so that it has a smoother appearance.
g. The rock sliders are 2 X 4 box laid flat, dual tapered ends to push branches away from the vehicle, and slide over stumps (our rocks around here) easier. I used the same 2 X 4 bird mouth cut to weld it to the frame solidly. I have dropped on them several times sense they were installed, and not so much as a dent. They are ¾” below the rockers so the body can without rubbing them, and hide the body lift very well
5) I changed every fluid in it the day I got it with synthetic Amsoil
6) I replaced the factory exhaust manifold as it was cracked and load.
7) Changed all the brake pads the first day.
8) Gave it a complete tune up. And repaired all the vacuum leaks
9) Purchased a rear seat and replacement dash pad off eBay, ( PO lost the seat, and dash was shot)
10) Fixed all the burnt out light bulbs in the dash
11) Installed a Pioneer DEH 6500 CD player with subwoofer controls
12) Installed 6x9 in boxes on the rear wheel wells
13) Built a custom down firing enclosure for the 10” Pioneer subwoofer. I built the box so that it has a built in trunk so I can secure tools and winch kit in it. The top overlaps the wheel wells and is bolted with carriage bolts into the tub. It would take a thief a 15” extension and socket set to steal it, assuming he knows how to get to the bolts way up there. The box will be hurculined when I do the tub after deer season. The Crossfire 50X4 amp is mounted upside down to the trunk lid so it stays out of the way and dry!!! And secured while the tailgate is locked.

Things I plan on doing in the next few months include:
1) installing the 4.10 gears, carriers, and Aussie lockers I purchased from fellow Jeep Forum TJ member in my axles
2) selling my 31/10.50x15 so I can purchase 33”s
3) installing some windshield hinge mirror relocation, and light mount combo hinges, and putting my extra 100 watt day lighters on them
4) Installing the back-up lights I bought and fabricating a rear cover to hide the body lift.
5) Hurculining the tub and subwoofer box after deer seasons over
6) New sail cloth top
7) Purchasing a Safari top for this summer
8) Adding steps to the rock sliders for my wife and kids, door openings are to high for them
9) Minor body and paint repairs

The Pictures I’ll include are:

Unread 02-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Entry 11) CoverinEarth

Stats:

1994 Wrangler YJ
4.0L, 5spd, 76k miles
D30, 4.88's, Warn Alloy Inner and Outer Shafts, ARB Locker
Ford 9" Rear, 4.88's, Moser 31 spline Shafts, ARB Locker
NP231, AA SYE, Tom Woods Driveshaft
Modded 3" Superlift Springs, SOA, 100" Wheelbase
MORE Shackle Reversal
Custom 3/4ton High-Steer
SkyJacker Anti-Wrap Bar
Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers and Corners w/ Flushmount LED's
BlueTorch Fab Front Bumper/Stinger
Ramsey Patriot 9500
Smittybilt Rear Bumper/Swing-out
Bushwhacker Flares
37x12.50x16 Swamper TRXUS MT's on 16x8" MT Classic Locks
Kilby OBA Setup

Entry 12) agentr855

I bought the jeep last summer and have been addicted to it. didnt do much to it at first lack of money didnt help that. lol but that inspired me to make more stuff then buy it. my front bumper and winch plate (smittybilt 8000lbs) are custom and the snorkle was a 30$ home despret project!! and just recently i put a 4.5" RE lift and water proof moabs and some 15x8 steelies with some 33" baja claws. the next homie will b rock sliders or a rear bumper and tire rack. i havent done much for lighting cuse i wanna get the big stuff out of the way. but a windsheild light bar is in the works. well thanks for reading and vote for me!

Entry 13) Tompatt

I got my 1987 Jeep Yj for my 15th birthday in March 2007 and I have been working on it ever since. The PO rebuilt the frame, he made it stronger and got rid of all the rust. He also put a newer engine in it. I'm 16 now and my birthday is March 19th. I have done everything to my jeep myself and I'm proud. I have replaced and rerouted all the vac lines, nuttered it while I was at it. Put the RC 4" lift on with 3/4" brandonyj shackles. During last summer, I saved up all my money to purchase a 10" tuffy stereo console. $318. Then threw a marine stereo in it. I put 2 brand new bestop seats in it. Replaced and painted the dash. Purchased a bikini top. Line-xed the Fenders and the Famous Bumpers. haha. It also has a Custom light bar with rescue lights. Bright!! For my Birthday I'm planning on getting some 33x12.50x15 KM2s with 15x8 Soft 8s. First I need to find a tire carrier.

Before. (First few months I had it)

After.

Entry 14) ACrippledFerret

Specs:
-1993 YJ
-4.0L 3 Speed Auto
-3.5" Black Diamond Suspension Lift
-D30 Aussie Locker
-Custom Built Tube Fenders
-Custom Built Front Bumper
-Custom Built Rear Bumper/Swing Away Stinger tire carrier
-WARN Rock Sliders
-33x12.50 Goodyear MT/R's on DC-1's
-Truck Bed Lined Inside
-New Black Bestop Soft Top (Bikini Top and Tonneau cover pictured when wheeling)
-Hood mounted Hi-Lift
-JVC Headunit w/iPod Hookup
2 Sony Dash Speakers
2 Sony 6.5" speakers mounted in door panel
2 Oz Audio 6x9's mounted in speaker pods behind the seats
Two 12" MTX subs
One Kenwood amp for the subs
One Phoenix Gold amp for the rest of the speakers

I got this Jeep from my dad for my 16th birthday last September. It
was pulled out of a junkyard and over the last year has slowly
progressed into what you see now. The one thing I personally like most
about the Jeep is all of the custom work. Everything wasn't simply
bought and bolted on, there was a lot of hard work put into it. The
front bumper, rear bumper, tire carrier, and tube fenders were all
custom built in my uncle's metal working shop by me, my dad, and my
uncle and took countless hours of our time, but it was definitely time
well spent. After all of the work, here is what it looks like now.

Entry 15) jeepbub08

1993 jeep wrangler
K&N filter
Hand throttle
AX-15
NP-231
Dana 30/35 4.56 gears
5-35 in super swamper radial TSLs
Eagle alloy wheels
3 inch suspension lift
2 inch body lift
pro comp shocks
braided brake lines
6 inch flairs
Rhinolined inside and out and all over for that matter
Ramsey 8000 REP winch
LED interior lights mounted on the cage
Cobra CB
Garmin GPS mounted to cage
10 in kicker L5 with kicker amp
assortment of military bags attached to the cage as storage
Craftsman toolbox mounted to floor

Unread 02-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Goobersbro

yae i got some votes some nice looking rigs in there good luck to everyone
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Voted for the Flyers fan...even though they beat the Kings last night

Very nice YJ!
Unread 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
lespaul_custom
1993 YJ Wrangler 

man this was one of the hardest votes so far in my book!!! agentr855 you got my vote bro!!
The weird thing is that I thought I hear a minor bang, almost like a fart sound coming out of my Jeep, but I'm not sure what it was. It has never happened before the glue incident.
www.coosa.org white jeep club #1993 looking to buy complete rear seat belts
Unread 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Brads_nky_yj

I voted for Cross even tho Im in the running. If I am to win I want it be soley on what others think. Thats why I voted for cross, you rig is bad *** man and I love watchin the build!! Best built renegade I have seen yet. Give me alot of inspiration for my upcoming build.
Unread 02-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

This was a tough one, a lot of good looking Jeeps in the running, but after reading through all of the entries, I got a vote in.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I vote Pokeman because he put up a pic of himself being stuck.

If you don't get stuck you weren't tryin' hard enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinMe View Post
I vote Pokeman because he put up a pic of himself being stuck.

If you don't get stuck you weren't tryin' hard enough!
he he, I wasnt stuck in this pic. I drove right out. Look at the picture closely, notice the little thing mounted near the center of the hood. that is a waterproof, shock proof, high res video camera. We wheeled for 3 days and taped all the fun stuff, "Jeeps eye view" I have video proof, we stopped for a picture, then kept going.....

Unread 02-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Elvis has got my vote!

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
jeepbub08
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cross that Jeep is badass man! good luck to everyone!

Eastern NC Jeep Owners #8
Unread 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
haha1985
1995 YJ Wrangler 

cross got my vote.
Unread 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
lespaul_custom
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
he he, I wasnt stuck in this pic. I drove right out. Look at the picture closely, notice the little thing mounted near the center of the hood. that is a waterproof, shock proof, high res video camera. We wheeled for 3 days and taped all the fun stuff, "Jeeps eye view" I have video proof, we stopped for a picture, then kept going.....

links to video
The weird thing is that I thought I hear a minor bang, almost like a fart sound coming out of my Jeep, but I'm not sure what it was. It has never happened before the glue incident.
www.coosa.org white jeep club #1993 looking to buy complete rear seat belts
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
Douglas S.

Cross gets my vote!
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.