Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Rustywrangler

Votes: 15 5.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.

==========VOTE NOW, FEB YJOTM Contest has begun......==========

15K views 86 replies 44 participants last post by  YJames90 
#1 ·
Let the voting begin Ladies and Gents..................

The prize for this month comes from Zach at AtoZfab.
The lucky YJOTM winner will be able to select an AtoZ Fabrication rear bumper or a set of rocker guards and will receive a free t-shirt. Local pickup is free, but shipping will have to be added and PA residents will have to pay sales tax. Good luck

Voting will end Sat, 2/15 at midnight, so get to votin.

1)tuckinauster

Heres my entry for Febuarys YJ of the Month.

Model - 1990 YJ
Engine - 1997 TJ 2.5L
Transmission - AX5
Transfer Case - NP231J
Axles - Dana 30/35 w/ 4.10 gears
Suspension - Rough Country 4" kit, No track or swaybars
Wheels - Custom 3.75" backspaced Soft 8's
Tires - 33x12.50R15 BFG AT/KO's
Unique Stuff - CJ7 hood, CJ5 grill, CJ7 Hardtop w/ Sunroof, TJ flares, 2.5" exhaust

2)Omarambo101

This is my 1992 YJ Wrangler 4.0L/AX15. My dad bought this Jeep when I was in eighth grade, and over the course of three years, he helped me completely restore it. I saved my money since the first grade, and when My dad bought the Jeep, he decided to help me restore it so I could drive it when I was 16. The pictures don't do it justice, it went through a huge transformation from being a 16 year old rust bucket, to what is often mistaken as a new Jeep. The upgrades to this include: New seats, spray in bed liner, 6 KC lights, Banks headers and exhaust, Milemarker 9500lb winch, K&N FIPK, SYE and CV driveshaft, 32" BFGoodrich Mud Terrains on American Racing AR-23s. 2.5" suspension lift, Xenon fender flares, a home made front bumper, 4WD rear bumper/tire carrier, with home made D-ring mounts, a bestop supertop, and new paint. This is my daily driver, and I occasionally wheel it. Although it may not be the best or most capable Jeep out there, I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I never plan on selling it because of everything that my dad and I went through restoring it.

3) Axl Jack

1994 Sahara. 4.0L. AX-15 and NP231 with AA SYE and CV driveshaft.

RC 4" suspension lift (SUA). RC steering stabilizer and dropped pitman arm, RC extended brake lines, RC nitro shocks.

Pacesetter headers.

Rear axle: 8.8 from 99 Exploder, 4.10's, LS. SOLID diff cover. U-bolt flip. Brandon_YJ boomerang shackles. No trackbar.

Front axle: D30 from a 95 4 cyl (4.10's). U-bolt skids. Front shackle weld reinforcements. RC sway bar disconnects.

Wheels: 32x11.5 BFG AT's on Cragar soft 8's.

Other odds n' ends: Full doors off a 95. Supertop. POR'd frame. Uniden CB radio.

Future mods: Selectable rear locker (leaning towards ECTED), tummy tuck, and a winch.

Jeep Story: Bought the Jeep in 2000 back in high school and took it to PSU when I started college. 19 years old, driving around campus on warm weekend afternoon. Met a girl and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. Her response, "Yeah I like Jeeps." 6 years later she's still the one in the passenger seat.

What it used to be:

What it is now:

4)ProvinT13

1994 yj 2.5L
4" rough country lift
33 x 12.5 bfg at ko's
Cragar D window 8x15
Warn front bumper
Smittybilt xrc8 winch
Warn D30 diff cover
Warn rocker guards
Warn Steering box skid
Power steering conversion
Herculiner
JKS Quick disconnects
Mesa 4x4 led tail lights
4 hella 500's
Custom tool boxes + axe/shovel/hi-lift mount
TJ Flares
Rubicon Express Hand Throttle

I think my jeep is very unique. It's the virst vehicle i've ever owned and I drive it daily. The entire thing is a learning experience. I get bonding time with my dad (aka the auto guru), I've learned how motors, drivetrains and transmissions work, met tons of new people in colorado and discovered how much massive the 4wd community is, and this was all done through my jeep. I've also learned tons on jeepforum and through all this knowledge picked up welding and passed on more of this info to friends. So the reason I love my yj, it opened so many doors.

5)Bigboyky

My Jeep is a 1995, 2.5 liters of raw power, 5 speed. When I brought it home it was sitting on 30x9.50's and tired old sagging springs. Hard top, hard doors. The interior was the spice color. The first things done were a Rough Country 4" lift & a set of 33x12.50's. I needed a little more room for the 33's so I have a set of ¾" Brandon Booms. I built my front, rear bumpers, incorporated a winch plate and hoops, and rockers. Bought & mounted a Smittybuilt XRC8. Built a spare tire carrier and have all 5 tires and wheels matching. Herc'd the inside of the tub along with the hard top. Painted the interior black, with UK blue accents. And put black Smittybuilt seat covers on all three seats. In the warm months I run a Bestop supertop. I have a set of Hella 500's and a set of Hella 130w's on the front. I have done the Taurus fan mod. CJ style mirrors. I also have a Cobra LTD29 Classic cb. I bought an Aussie locker, SYE, and soon to have a 8.8 with 4:88 gears.

See less See more
#2 ·
6)mcgann454

My YJ is a 93. I took it all the way down to the frame and found that the frame was beyond repair. I found a new frame, sandblasted and POR-15'd it and the axles and then started to rebuild from there. I have removed and restored every nut and bolt on the jeep. The tub has been stripped to bare metal, treated with rust bullet inside and out and rhino lined with a two part mix both under the tub and inside as well as the front fender wells. Before I started the project, the most I had done to a vehicle was to replace the brake pads and rotors. Almost everthing I have learned has been from this forum. I'm currently on my third restore in the 18 months sice I bought my YJ. The latest I am installing a 4.3L Vortec engine from a 2000 S10 Blazer.

Specs:
1993 with a 4.0 and an AX-15.
126,000 miles
4" Procomp Suspension Lift and a 3/4" body lift
Posi-Lock installed on the front axle
Hard top and soft top
Full and half doors but usually run with no doors
Recently replaced axles with 4.11's from a 4 banger
New fuel and brake lines
Iggee seat covers
Alpine deck with a 90W Alpine amp installed under the drivers seat.
Powered sub installed under the rear seat
Ipod holder and XM satellite holder installed under the dash
Kappa Reference speakers in the dash
Kappa Perfects in the sound bar and the speaker boxes between the roll bar and the fender wells

Before:

After:

7) dennis690

1992 YJ Impact Orange
Engine: 2.5 with a 9lb inertia ring
Drive train: AX 15 from a 2000 TJ, Klune V 4:1, Teraflex SYE, front and rear drive shafts from High Angle Driveline
Suspension: BDS 3.5" springs, MORE 5/8" boomerang shackles up front, Shackle reversal, home made boomerang shackles out back.
Axles: D30 front with 2000 Cherokee axles, Teraflex high steer, ARB and 4:88s. 8.8 rear with disk brakes, ARB and 4:88s.
Tires: 35" Parnell Jones Dirt Grip on 15X8 black steel wheels. 1 ½" spider trax wheel spacers on both axles
Other: The engine was moved 8" forward to accommodate the Klune and AX 15. Home made cross member and flat belly skid. 1" Daystar body lift. Modified 1 3/4" 10 point DOM cage kit form S&W race cars. Mastercraft seats and 5 point harness mounted to the cage. VIAIR OBA, Manual air control valves for the ARB lockers. Custom console. High lift and spare mounted to the cage. Home built stinger and radiator hoop. Home built bumpers front and rear. Home made High line fenders.

I think most of these pictures are already posted some place on the forum.
I don't have pictures of the Jeep when I first bought it or started doing "stuff" to it. But when I purchased it the poor thing was in bad shape. The wife and I named it FUGLY. It was stock with 30" BFG AT tires and rusted chrome wheels. It had a salvage title a few dents and redish primer on it. I first lifted the Jeep with 2.5" BDS springs and had a friend paint it Impact Orange. I bought a set of well used 33" to see how they fit and ran them about 6 months. I then found a almost new set of 35" PJ Dirt Grips and "guessed" I could run them. Well, that didn't work out to good and I had rubbing issues. So I sold the 2.5" lift and bought a 3.5" BDS lift. That was good for a couple of years. I had been collecting parts to install an 8.8 and most of the mods listed above. I started in August of 07 and it took me almost a year to the day to get it back on the trail again. My daughter was my helper for most of the build and that made it all the better. This isn't a show Jeep by any means but I would consider it a good trail Jeep. Future plans are winch, upgrade battery/s and storage for spares and camping gear.

8)Tompatt

Info: I got my 1987 Jeep Yj for my 15th birthday in March 2007, Im 16 now and I have been working on it ever since. The PO rebuilt the frame, he made it stronger and got rid of all the rust. He also put a newer engine in it, just installed 4" Rough Country lift and 3/4" BrandonYj Shackles and some A/T 31s are on it.

Stuff I have done to it and what it has:
-4" Rough Country Lift
-3/4" BrandonYj Shackles
-Nutter
-Fixed all vac lines
-Bought newer dash parts and painted them and door panels Black
-10" Tuffy Stereo Console with Marine Stereo.
-Line-Xed bumpers and fenders
-Brand New Bestop seats and Bestop Bikini top.
-Custom Tail Lights
-Custom Bumpers
-Custom Light Bar
-No Trackbars or Sways
-No A/C

Pics.

NTD

9)91yj4x4

Here with my submission for YJOTM, here are two of my favorite pics of my 91 YJ taken in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. As far as mods I have 32in Mastercraft MT and some cheap a-pillar lights. I painted the outside of the jeep with rattlecans and the inside with Herc. Shes got 220,000 miles on her and shes still chuggin along, and being my DD I am grateful for that. Well thanks for the consideration and I'll see ya o the Forum.

10)timatoe

My '90 YJ, is sporting the ever popular 4.2 with a HEI distributor and Howell TBI injection, a basically stock drive train with the AX-15 / NP231 combo. I have a Ford 8.8 sitting on the garage floor but I'm waiting to put it in until I've got the rest of my parts for the SOA.

I don't have any major modifications, but what I have done includes:
2" BDS springs
M.O.R.E. boomerang shackles all the way around
Rock Crusher front diff cover
CJ style windshield hinges and mirrors
Herculined tub
JC Whitney racing seats with homebrew seat brackets
Homebrew front bumper
Homebrew posi-lock
York OBA
TJ flares
Poison Spyder Customs TJ rear crusher corners
TJ fuel filler relocation
Flush mount LED taillights
And sitting on some 33X12.5 rubber

#3 ·
11)Delta347

1990, AMC 258 I-6. Power Master High Output Alternator. Optima Red Top. 102inch Whip Antenna. Ball Mount. 32 Inch tires. Rubicon rims. 2.5inch Old Man Emu lift. Custom made front and rear bumper/tire carrier. A/C Removed. Posi-Lock. No-Slip Locker In Dana 30. Fenders cut back for maximum flex. H4 Conversion Headlights. LED Replacement Taillights. Back up lights. KC HiLites long range lights (circular on front bumper). Baja fog lights. Interior Carpeting removed, all herculined. Tuffy center console. Boomerang Shackles. Sway bar quick disconnects. Tracbar removed. Sure Step 3inch side steps. Custom overhead 'utlity bar' with CB, clinometer, thermeter, digital clock, and compass mounted on it. Nutter Bypass (Yes In california and I can Pass Smog with my stock carter, that makes my jeep special).

I like to think my YJ is special for two main reasons. The lesser of the two being that I hand painted in less than 30 hours the entire YJ from all white to Jurassic Park. Besides the vinyls I created the paint job from scratch on my own using 1 bucket of rustoleum, 1 bucket of bear and 3 foam rollers (4 inch longs). The second reason being that even though it is nuttered and running the stock carter carb and one of the pulse air pipes is corroded in half it can still pass smog! Also my Jeep is named Sheila, she has a lot of attitude, don't doubt her. . . I did once. . . she stopped working for a whole day until we lit her carb on fire and almost my good friends foot in the process. She also only has 97,000 miles on her!

I didn't paint my Jeep this way for the attention, I did it for the fact I love my Jeep, I love the movie, and I love giving people something to be excited about. I'd love to be able to say she earned an official recognition.

Whip Antenna, Side Steps are not installed yet in the following pictures (they are installed on the jeep at the time of this email, but not at the time these photos were taken).

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

12)notmYJ

Vehicle: 92 YJ, 2.5, AX5, 231(AA SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft)

Rear Axle: 8.8, Yukon shafts, mini spool, 4.88, Rock Crusher diff cover.

Front axle: D30, Yukon 1 pc. shafts, one off air controlled OX locker, 4.88.

Suspension: BDS 3.5" springs, Skyjacker nitro shocks,

Wheels/Tires: Crager Soft 8, 15x8, 3.75"BS, 35x12.50x15 Baja Claw Radial

Body: no body lift, Extended TJ flares, Big Daddy Offroad aluminum rocker guards,
Flush mount rear LEDs, Homemade front bumper/stinger, Lots of "character marks" aka dents, pin stripes, and dings.

Other Stuff: MileMarker 10,500lb Hyd 2Spd Winch, 100ft 3/8" Amsteel Syn Line, 10lb Co2, HiLift, Cobra 29, etc, etc.

All work was done by me with help from friends. No labor was paid for with anything more than a few pizzas and cases of beer. I know I'm forgetting stuff, But this should about sum it up.

And yes, this really is my daily driver. The only vehicle I own.

Pics...

13)SleddinJeeper
Mods:
4in ProComp lift
2in body lift (being removed soon)
35in All Terrains
15X10 Simulation bead lock wheels
Custom front and rear bumpers/stingers that I built
Bushwacker knock off flares (not shown in pictures)

Soon to come: (when money allows..)
4.0 swap
Rock sliders (custom made by me, just need to install them)
Custom roll cage
Winch

First of all I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for the help, my YJ wouldn't be where it is today without the help of you guys/girls. I'd also like to thank Rusty for putting on the contest and getting some really great prizes! Now to the good stuff. I've wanted to get a YJ for a long time now. I'm sure some of you remember all my "Should I buy it?" and "Whats it worth?" threads from a couple years ago. I ended up going a different direction for a year but I really wanted a Jeep and now I have one. Fast forward to this past summer I saw a nice YJ at a used car dealership and I stopped in to look at it. Later that day I convinced my parents to come take a look at it with me. To my surprise they were actually interested in letting me get the YJ. A few days passed and I finally got it. After driving it for a week or two I decided that I needed to give it my own touch. So I made a front bumper for it. Then my brother bought a JD2 bender and I went to town with the tube, making the stingers and rock sliders. I like my Jeep because of all the hard work I've put into it and it makes me feel good to drive around in it and get compliments on the work I've done. I try to go offroading as often as possible, but in VT there aren't many trails so its hard to do. Plus if I break anything I'm in trouble. Being a high schooler makes it difficult to buy the parts I need/want for my Jeep, but winning them is always good!

14)Goobersbro

My name is Jonathan, im a 16 year old high school senior from northern California. I had always wanted a 4x4 vehicle and around the age of 14 i decided i wanted a jeep. I started working for a local contractor in the summer of 06 and he liked me enough to keep me around. I worked two solid summers and saved up enough money to buy my jeep. After tons of looking i found my babe. It is a 1991 Jeep renegade. It has zero rust, a 4" procomp lift, 31" procomp mt's, 1/2 Brandon_yj boomerang shackles, and a teraflex hand throttle. I bought my jeep for a Daily Driver and a Weekend warrior. I love it so much and i would love even more to win The YJOM contest. My jeep forum name is Goobersbro. My future mods for the jeep include tube fenders, front and rear bumpers, lockers, and a winch. Thank you for considering me and good luck to everyone.

15)Jeepkiddo

Jeep: Blue '89 Islander
Suspension: 1.5" RC spring lift, 1" BrandonYJ shackles on 31" Trail Marks & Outlaw IIs
Engine: 4.2 nuttered, Weber 32/36 carb, "freeflow" exhaust w/ cherry bomb, new radiator
What's unique about my jeep is the interior. I think its the best for the February YJ of the month because I have a fake fur lined hardtop and carpets (winter only, comes off asap). There are also 2 push-on dome lights. In the winter my jeep is decently warm and quiet.

(this one is a collage of my interior)

#4 ·
16)Ben_88Jeep

Her history:
This summer she got a new paint job, where I matched the original factory colour and hunted down the original body decals. The paint and body work took nearly 2 months to complete.
She also had some functional upgrades including:

· New Body Armor Rocker Guards.

· New Body Armor Swing Away Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier.

· New Best Top Front Bumper.

· New Best Top Front Seats and Rear Tumbler Cover.

The engine has been recently rebuilt. The engine was originally a 4.2 litre, but has been modified and machined to accommodate a 4.0 litre head. She's still carbed, but using 2 barrel instead of the original carter carb. New cat-back exhaust was also installed. Suspension is relatively stock, with a 3" Rough Country Lift. Currently running on 31" MTR Tires.

This Jeep is special to me as it was given to me by my father who recently past away from lung cancer. I wouldn't dream of ever selling this Jeep as it has such sentimental value and the love and labour that went into her this summer was worth every penny spent.

17)ElvisV04290

1990 YJ - Colorado Red with Laredo stripes
I've had my YJ for over 6 years and loved every minute of it. It's only got some mild mods, Weber carb, 30 inch tires, aftermarket bumper and some lights, but it was all done by my hands. I get teased sometimes by friends in my off-road club for being the guy with the "square headlights, the 4.2 and the leaf springs", but that's what makes this Jeep all the more special to me. I'm not lifted but I still stick with most of the group on 33's and hit every trail I can get over. Sure I get stuck a lot but isn't recovery half the fun? The lift will come soon if I can make something more than just the typical college student wage, until then I'll be ripping up the trails with the big boys the best I can.

18)Ustabearenegade

Specs:
1991 Wrangler Renegade (whats left of it)
4.0 liter engine 117K+ miles
Ax15 5 spd transmission - rebuilt 30K miles ago
Centerforce II clutch and pressure plate
Dana 300 transfercase, twin sticks, 4:1 low range non-flipped
Dana 44 front 4.10 gear, welded, Warn Premium hubs passenger drop
Dana 70 rear 4.10 gear, welded, full floater, 1.5" shafts 27 splines, disc brakes, anti-wrap bar
Spring over - YJ front springs, XJ rear springs - Jeep is stretched to 103" wheelbase.
BTF XJ to YJ Kit
BTF Tube Fenders
BTF Comp Crusher Corners
Custom Rocker Guards 3/8" thick
Shocks: Pro Comp Res Shocks front - Non-Res rear
Driveshafts 2"x.120" wall
Cage is modified factory with MORE front cage kit - tied into frame.
Interior has aftermarket high-back bucket seats, with rear seat covered to match
Borla 2.5" exhaust
TJ factory style header

I bought this Jeep 12 years ago and was bone stock.

19) Spork40

I have a 1994 YJ Sahara edition. Some of the modifications that I have made myself( I do not like putting my YJ in a shop) are as follows, I have 2.5" rancho lift, 2" shackles, rancho 9000 shocks with in dash controls, I swapped out my axles to a set out of a 4 cyl Yj with 4.10 gears and then swapped out the rear axle to the ford 8.8, I have a home made hand throttle, a home made K&N cold air induction system, custom bumpers front and rear with tire carrier, tube steps, two sets of tires, for road 31" Michelins on 15x8 American racing wheels, for off-road 33" BFG muds of 15x10 black steel wheels, I have installed a home version of a powertank Co2 tank, I got tired of wheels rubbing and skinny flares and made my own flares cutting and trimming my body to my specs and making them 7" wide to keep street legal, I installed a 2006 ford ranger 60/40 split bench seat so my wife and three kids can all go wheeling with me again, I do have tow hooks up front and rings in the back, security trunk, cb radio, sound bar, 8" sub under drivers seat with amp in back. I am sure I am missing a lot of little mods that I have done from advice from the forum but this is my jeep. It has 70K original miles and has a clear title. I pride myself on having a very flexible jeep to go wherever I want to go off-road but I can still drive myself there and use my jeep to pull my boat and other small toys.

20)Rustywrangler

1989 4.2L
This jeep is my baby. I have dragged it thru some tough times. RUST, can you say RUST. Those of you that have seen my build threads know she has some character.

258 4.2L with BA-10/5 pugeot tranny
Stock axles
2.5" Rough Country Spring lift
1/2" Brandon_YJ Booms
TJ front and rear bumpers
150W Daylighters on windsheild
Hella 550 driving lights
Front and rear tow hooks
CB and Hilift for recovery
AND LOTS OF RUST REPAIRS...........

Before:

After:

#8 ·
It was an easy vote for me, one I've admired for quite a while made the list.

Good luck everyone!

#11 ·
Sorry bro, I was not involved in the selections.

#15 ·
mcgann454

Goobersbro

Ben_88jeep

How am I supposed to pick from twenty Jeeps that each have so much character?

I really had to read the stories, too. I voted for the one that reflects what I would most like to do to mine. Good luck to all of you, but my Jeep want to looks like mcgann454's. Where's my stimulus check? I got a paint job to do!

#16 ·
#17 ·
Had to vote for timatoe. Love it! There were 19 more I really wanted to vote for

#18 ·
Had to vote for timatoe.
:2thumbsup: Yea! That makes two of us. :laugh:

Seriously though, if mine wasn't in there, I would a had a tough time picking just one to vote for. Lots of really nice rigs in there.

But I think mcgann454 would've gotten my vote otherewise, I love the way that turned out.

#29 ·
Ugh!
I'm having a YJ overload here!
We have guys here who turned **** sandwiches into steaks. :D
Guys who are young, did all the wrenching themselves, and have no right to have rigs that good! ;)
And... is that a complete Renegade I see???? :)

I can't vote.
Too much awesomeness in one thread... I am not worthy to vote.

BTW, it looks like someone entered a ringer! :rofl: Nice one Omarambo101, YJs are not supposed to be like that. :p

#34 ·
BTW, it looks like someone entered a ringer! :rofl: Nice one Omarambo101, YJs are not supposed to be like that. :p
Don't worry, no cheating going on here:cheers: If I had two votes, I see plenty of rigs I would have gladly given the second one too. And don't worry, my Jeep is usually pretty grungy looking, but that picture was taken after I washed it

#35 ·
Not fair.... so much great competition this month my YJ seems timid compared to everyone else's. Had to vote for notmYJ just for that awesome pic.

#40 · (Edited)
He also has a beautiful rig that a lot of work went into. So quit yer *****in so we can hopefully have another opportunity at this contest. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.