Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vote Now for the April '09 YJOTM Contest!!!!

• Willhf1011

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • 87YJohio

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • jamesx2

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Goobersbro

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • VamosJeep

Votes: 48 23.2%
  • treky67

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • 95wrangler4life

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Brads_nky_yj

Votes: 22 10.6%
  • Tompatt

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • TheRealOldJeep

Votes: 48 23.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTE NOW for the April '09 YJOTM contest!!!!!!!!!!

7K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  rustywrangler 
#1 ·
The prize for this month is $100 care of JoeDillard.

Let the voting begin gents:

1)Willhf1011:

I bought my Wrangler on a whim the summer before my junior year of highschool. I didn't know anything about offroading or Jeeps and had no intention of turning it into a trail rig, it just looked like a fun car. Almost 2 years later it's soa on 38's running a 44/60. Go figure.

stage one:
Fabtech 3.5 inch lift
32 TSL's on 15 inch pacers
Some custom fabbed parts (bumpers rockers etc)

stage two(current stage):
2.5L
AX-5
4:1 231
HP44/60 (welded) discs all the way around
Recentered H1's
38 TSL SX's
SOA on mixed stock and rancho's (double main leafed)
Bilstien 5150's up front on customs hoops
Custom Traction Bar (1.5 x .250 tubing plated fully with 3/16's)
Crossover High Steer
Warn M8000

Currently Working On:
Comp Cage
PRP Comp Highbacks
5 point Crow Harnesses

The only work on the whole jeep i haven't done myself was the rebuild on the front axle. Other than that its been 100% weekend and break time from school and when I can come up with the money.

Pics:

2) 87YJohio:

My wrangler is an 87 yj.The list of mods are as fallows.Corvett yellow paint,12"fenders,Smittybuilt bumpers and nurfs,6 kc daylighters.light bar,warn rock sliders,qwik disconect sway,detroit lockers,4.11,glass differ.covers,custom 10"lift all springs,40"mudders,auto chevy trans,and transfer case,b&m shifter,elec.pusher fan,and best of all a 1969 396 chevy BB!!!!!;) Sorry had to add a pic of this too!

3) jamesx2:

Specs:

1990 YJ ,2.5 Low output , 5 speed standard ,
4 wheel drive hardware 2 inch spring lift
Rubicon Express hand throttle
Posi-lok
M.O.R.E 5/8: lift boomerang shackles
Aussie locker up front
No trackbars
No swaybar
1 inch JKS MML
Smittybilt 8000# winch
1.5 inch skate board wheel body lift
Interco TSL/SX 32x11.50x15
15 x 8 AR-767 rims
OBA
Pontiac sunfire front seats
Family style roll bar
CJ Plastic trunk

-I bought this Jeep in stock condition and have done all of the mods by myself
-I am also using the YJ to help out the community by using it as transportation to bring supplies to the fire tower that is being rebuilt in our city

( Those ugly squre tube fenders are gone and stockers are going back on if it helps any )

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

4) Goobersbro:

Hello, My name is Jonathan Moore im a 16 year old high school senior from northern California. I had always wanted a 4x4 vehicle and around the age of 14 i decided i wanted a jeep. I started working for a local contractor in the summer of 06 and he liked me enough to keep me around. I worked two solid summers and saved up enough money to buy my jeep. After tons of looking i found my babe. It is a 1991 Jeep renegade. It has zero rust, a 4" procomp lift, 31" procomp mt's, 1/2 Brandon_yj boomerang shackles, and a teraflex hand throttle. I bought my jeep for a Daily Driver and a Weekend warrior. I love it so much and i would love even more to win The YJOM contest. My jeep forum name is Goobersbro. My future mods for the jeep include front and rear bumpers, lockers, a winch, 8.8, 33s and much more. Thank you for considering me and good luck to everyone.

5) VamosJeep:

Little about my jeep:
I purchased this 1990 YJ after it was in an accident. I rebuilt it and got it moving during the summer of 2007. Towards the end of the summer I realized that the Jeep was going to need a frame swap. I started the Frame Swap in January of 08 and finished just before summer that same year! This jeep took up every spare minuet of time I had when I wasn't at work or sleeping. I actually vowed to get the jeep done before I took time to participate in my #2 hobby surfing. I re-painted it OD green and made my own little version of a willys YJ. I recently swaped out axles and now have a rear 8.8 with trac lock and a BUILT dana 30 with aussie locker, alloy shafts, one piece conversion, and alloy outer seals. Front and rear warn diff covers protect it. It sits on 35" MTR's with crager soft 8s. It has a si12000 winch along with a bunch of other accessories to get the job done. I have been purchasing Autometer Guages one by one so that I can get them all installed at the same time. I eventually will spring over the jeep, but thats a little further down the line. There are plenty of other pics on my Photobucket.

See less See more
#2 ·
6) treky67:

1990 jeep YJ wrangler
2.5L / AX5
D30/35 combo, both open
4" rough country lift
1" shackles
TJ flares
eagle aloy wheels
body completely redone
33x12.5R15 BFG M/T KM2
custom rear bumper
modefied front bumper
8000lbs champion winch
and most likely tones of stuff i'm forgeting.

The reason this jeep is so special to me is because 1) its my first vehicle and my first jeep. And 2) its some thing ive been able to enjoy with both friends and family. I bought this jeep a little less then a year ago. It was in desperate need of some TLC and i was just the man for the job. At first i wasn't so excited about the whole jeep thing. My plan was just to make it look good and then try and sell it for a little more then i paid and find some thing a little newer. But soon after i knew that wasn't about to happen. Is a little less then a year ive managed to turn what was a stock jeep with little character into some thing i enjoy every day, and am proud to own and drive every day. I thank you for your consideration for the YJ of the month. And wish every one the best of luck.

7) 95wrangler4life

My 1995 YJ is a 2.5L, ax5 transmission, NP231 Transfer Case, Dana 30 and Dana 35 with stock 4.10 gearing. My jeep was nicknamed "Lil Red" until after the lift. My friend bought this YJ new in 1995, took great care of it until I bought it 3 years ago. He had installed a 3" Body lift and 1 1/4" shackle lift on OEM springs and ran on 31's. I continued running on 31's Dunlop Radial Rover's until purchasing a set of 32x11.5x15 Super Swamper TSL SX's which is what is under it right now.

In February 2009, I installed a 4" Rough Country Lift along with Psycho Squirrel Customs, cut the lift shackles back to stock, T-case drop, repair done to both front frame shackle mount locations, and lincoln locked the Dana 30 since it is still vaccum disconnect! Also trimmed the front fenders and fender flares. Also installed a custom hand fitted exhaust from the cat back. The front push bar has (2) 6" KC HiLites installed, the interior has custom on dash 2x3 speakers, 6x9 speakers in the rear, hard-wired Fire/EMS radio, LED emergency responder lights on front fenders and rear brake lamps. New extended Stainless Braided brake lines added to the front.

I have had many jeeps in my life so far, but this is the 1st YJ and has been the most fun!

Link to pics:

Before: Just body and shackle lift, Taken Sept 2008

After Lift: Shackles cut to stock, and 4" RC lift, pic taken Feb 2009

8)Brads_nky_yj:

"This is my first jeep and was purchased completely by me in June of 2008. Everything that has been done or will be done is paid for by me. I have done a little to it so far but this summer I have big plans for
it. So far I have a 4" RC lift with upgraded Nitro shocks, stainless steel brake lines and a Perf. 2.2 Steering Stabilizer. I also run 1" Brandon_YJ shackles with 31x10.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers on stock Jeep
wheels. The inside of my jeep is herc'd and I have a Midland CB for trail riding. Front and rear bumpers were built by my step dad and I and include d-rings and a 2" reciever. Hella 500's on the front bumper
and windshield help light the way down trails and hills.

My summer build up includes: SOA with 1.5" RE springs, Dana 44's from a Grand Wagoneer stuffed with ARBs, 4.88s and Chromolly Axle Shafts and the rear will be converted to disc brakes, 35x12.5 KM2s, York OBA, Custom Tire Carrier, Front
Tube fenders, JB Super Short SYE with a XJ shaft, 1/4" Steel Boatside rockers, Ballistic High steer with custom Drag link and Tie Rod and a Superwinch Epi9S. All perches/u bolts/shock mounts are from Ruff Stuff. Watch our for a complete build up of my jeep in the next few months!"

Pictures:

9) Tompatt:

I got my 1987 Jeep Yj for my 15th birthday in March 2007 and I have been working on it ever since. The PO rebuilt the frame, he made it stronger and got rid of all the rust. He also put a newer engine in it. I'm 16 now and my birthday is March 19th. I have done everything to my jeep myself and I'm proud. I have replaced and rerouted all the vac lines, nuttered it while I was at it. Put the RC 4" lift on with 3/4" brandonyj shackles. During last summer, I saved up all my money to purchase a 10" tuffy stereo console. $318. Then threw a marine stereo in it. I put 2 brand new bestop seats in it. Replaced and painted the dash. Purchased a bikini top. Line-xed the Fenders and the Famous Bumpers. haha. It also has a Custom light bar with rescue lights. Bright!! For my Birthday I'm planning on getting some 33x12.50x15 KM2s with 15x8 Soft 8s. First I need to find a tire carrier.

Before. (First few months I had it)

After.

10) TheRealOldJeep:

List of specs and/or modifications (don't forget to include the year of your jeep) or a short paragraph describing what is special about your Jeep.
94 YJ
2.5L 7" forward of stock, raised up so that the whole driveline is above the bottom of the frame
AW4 transmission with full manual control via AWShifting controller
Clocked NP231 with SYE
Home shortened driveshafts
D30 - Yukon shafts, superjoints and aussie locker
8.8 - Aussie
35" MTZ's on ar767 with copperhead rim stiffeners
Home made swingdown tire carrier
Home made front bumper/grill guard
Home made cage additions
H1 taillights

the URLs to 2 pics of your jeep.

#5 ·
x3 because i wasnt voting for mine, there are 3 or 4 nicer rigs than mine on here, I just put mine in for the heck of it.

#9 ·
I always look at the Jeeps and think which I would want as a platform from which to build upon, so I picked Vamos (6cyl and AX15 helped his bid). Tompatt was my second choice, and if he threw away those things he calls "bumpers", I might be able to overlook the BA10, lol. ;)

#14 ·
Keep the votes coming gents.

#21 ·
With all the room that 4-banger takes up there was nowhere left for the overflow. :laugh:

I would have voted for that one, but ya gotta yank that boat-anchor and shoe a healthy V8 in it with open Flows! :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Im not in Ohio right now,,,I left the snow to see some sun in Florida....So I guess Ill have to send out some pics when I get back.Thanks though!!!! There is alot of tuff lookin jeeps on here so it always make the voting hard.The bad is I can honestly say Ive never seen a jeep I wouldnt take home and add to my collection...lol

#27 ·
Unless a vendor comes up with something, nothing this time around. Sorry guys.

#33 ·
I gotta go with Tompatt this month since I want his bumpers when Barrio finally talks him into getting rid of them. :laugh: Also liking the rear lights mounted that way.
Keep up the good work kiddo.

#35 ·
Vote away gents, less than 12 hours left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.