virgin build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > virgin build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

virgin build

So I bought my dream car, an 87 Yj. I bought this for $2,000 without even driving it. There was not a stitch of rust on it! Some old guy was driving it around. First thing I did was replace every fluid, seal and belt. There was a lot of oil everywhere and couldn't find where it as coming from. So I replaced the valve cover and gasket, oil pump and pan gasket. Cleared it right up. Then I stripped the inside and monsta lined the interior. I swapped for a family roll bar for my 5 year old daughter(who loves the jeep more then me). I ran her for a year on stock everything. Surprisingly she did well off road. Then it was onto adding testosterone. I pieced together my lift with 2" BDS springs, Daystar BL, boom shackles from Besrk, scratch and dent Skyjacker shocks and steering stabilizer, Crager soft 8's that I had to sand and paint and 31" Trxus. I had to do a drop pitman arm and I made my on transfer case. Also added steel brake line extensions and installed all new tube brake lines. I just put a new Supertop and a VDP console. Now she looks a little bit more mean and manly. First test off road is Saturday so we will see how she does.

I MUST thank everyone here, especially Anticanman. Everything I did, I did myself and learned from you guys. So thank you very much!

img_0117.jpg   monsta-liner.jpg   img_1226.jpg   img_1227.jpg  
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
npa4863
1990 YJ Wrangler 

dam i wish my build when that well...
npa4863 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I think I got really lucky. I am sure I am jinxing myself but so far every horror story, i.e. rusted seized bolts, etc I have not experienced.
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Rust free in Jersy? Great find!
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

What did you do with those wheels?
befumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by befumo View Post
What did you do with those wheels?
The ones that were on in the first picture? I still have them. Not the tires just the rims
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pics look great, Jeremy. Your hard work paid off!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.