Vibs with my new lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibs with my new lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-28-2002, 08:31 AM   #1
Dan Morera

Vibs with my new lift

Ok I just finished putting a 2.5"lift with about 1" shackles, I did all the mods to the dif and dropped the tranny about 1" but there's still a lot of vibrations, I haven't put in my 31"s I'm running 215/75/15. What can I do?

Unread 02-28-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
JeepMax

You might have to drop the transfer case a little more - or put in a slip yoke extension or whatever it is called.

Plus, you might want to check your U-joints first - if they are going out it will be an easy fix.

On the other hand - you might have to live with a little vibration, it shouldn't be as bad as you describe though...

Good Luck!

JeepMax
Unread 02-28-2002, 02:46 PM   #3
Bob K

Degree shims. The transfer case lowering tips the tailshaft down. You need to shim the axle yoke upward to match the angle of the driveshaft. The vibration comes from mismatched angles. Also, you may need more than 1" lower trans case for a 3" lift. Personally I would nix the shackle lift. It's not a good thing. Did shims come with your lift kit?
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2002, 03:41 PM   #4
Dan Morera

We actually build must of it ourselves, I did adjust the angle on both ends. It might be U-joints. My vibration is hard only when I'm on first or second gear. Almost none in third or higher. I think we lowered the tcase less than an inch. We were thinking about the 31" when we put it all in, do you think the vibration will be less when I get the 31"s on??
Unread 03-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #5
Billy Badass

GET A CV DRIVE SHAFT!!!!!

88' YJ 3" body, 32x11.50 ProComp Mud Terrain. JKBII Carb Mod. Nutter Bypass and a new ignition. White Faced Gauges with blue backlighting. Sone to come 4.10 gears and lockers.
Billy Badass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.