Vibrations - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2002, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
bonehead99

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Vibrations

I have a vib in the front under the driverside, It only occurs when taking off and more when turning. The rear vibs from 45-60 mph. I am thinking of having a 1/2" cutoff my shackles and installing degree shims. What size shim should I get? Also I want to replace the ujoints in the drive shaft. Should I get sealed or greasable?

94 YJ 4.0 HO 3sp Auto, 3" RC Lift, 1" Shackles, 3" BL, 31x10.50, Pacesetter Armor-Coated Header, Homemade Air Intake w/ K&N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2002, 02:21 PM
B2hi

Sounds like the drivers side axle joint is bad. Turn wheels all the way to the right. Reach in and see if you can wiggle the joint back and forth. Does it clank. Not good. Replace the shaft. Don't bother replacing the joint. too much work and can be more expensive if you take it somewhere.

87 Wrangler 4.2
Mopar MPI
4.0 Head
Throttle body spacer
K+N air filter

Con-ferr shackles,R.E. 4.5 lift with 33x12.5 BFG Muds and 1in. body
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2002, 08:36 PM
osburn

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a u-joint to me. Check them all. Replace the ones you need to. Save the joints for spares if you aren't already in the habit of carrying new ones for spares.

It could also be a bearing problem I suppose. But I'd start with the joints. Check the bearings on the front by jacking up the tire and shake it side to side. A very small amount of movement is ok. There will be no doubt if it's bad.

Matt Osburn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Score 1032

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.