Vibration and brake knocking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Vibration and brake knocking

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
jeeprookie15
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Vibration and brake knocking

So i put this lift kit on my yj http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-li...s-lift-kit.htm

and some 33" tires. After i put on the lift kit and took it for a drive it had these massive vibrations that started at around 45 mph. I thought my wheels needed to be realigned so i took the jeep in to get the wheels aligned. When i drove it after they were aligned the vibrations werent quite as bad and now it only vibrates bad when i let off of the gas in 4th and 5th gear. When i accelerate it doesnt really vibrate much. There is also now this knocking noise on the brakes when i press them at low speeds (like under 20 mph.) When im running faster and press them it doesnt make the noise though. Can anybody help me out on anything here

also im running a stock driveshaft

jeeprookie15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knocking , vibration

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.