vibration at 40 mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vibration at 40 mph

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
APH
1991 YJ Wrangler 

vibration at 40 mph

I recently installed a RC 2 1/2 in. suspension lift with 1 in. shackles I dropped the t case but im still getting vibrations accelerating from 35-40. The slower i go through that 35 to 40mph range the less noticeable the vibrations are and the faster I go accelerate to 40 the worse it is. If it makes any difference i feel the vibrations right under my feet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

APH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

that 3 1/2" was probably enough to misalign your rear driveshaft even with the t-case drop. Easy fix is some degree shims on the rear axle. Best fix ($500) is SYE and CV driveshaft. It can be done a bit cheaper with an XJ rear driveshaft cit to fit with the Slip Yoke Eliminator.

http://www.4xshaft.com/driveline101.html
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.