vibration at 30-35 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vibration at 30-35

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
Tim3852

could be stupid balance...my bad vibration was due to weight being off...but from mud. My wheels had uneven (obviously) globs of mud which then solidified in my wheels to make them off weight. After I cleaned them out, voila! no more!

-custom bumpers
-bored .040 over
-rebuilt engine, tcase, and tranny
Tim3852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #17
pwoens
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hate to admit it but after two months I found the vibration....i feel like a moron admitting this......BUT it was where my transfer case mates up to the transmission....all 6 nuts were loose. 3 were laying on the skid plate and the other 3 were super loose. Glad nothing broke ... tightened all 6 up and no vibrations at all....smooth as was I hoping for

94 YJ 4.0L, BDS 4 1/2", 1" BL, 33 x 12.50, SYE & Tom Woods drive shaft, 8.8 w/lsd, Aussie Locker front, T & T Phantom tube fenders, Warn rock sliders custom cut, TJ rear flares and Fuel filler, Warn M8000, Custom front & rear bumpers w/swing out, bad apple diff guards, Dual 1400 amp Kinetic Energy batteries, HO alternator, 2 guage comp wires, VIAIR 450c, WRX seats, and way too much more to list. No end in sight!!
pwoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoens
hate to admit it but after two months I found the vibration....i feel like a moron admitting this......BUT it was where my transfer case mates up to the transmission....all 6 nuts were loose. 3 were laying on the skid plate and the other 3 were super loose. Glad nothing broke ... tightened all 6 up and no vibrations at all....smooth as was I hoping for

wow....holy crap.

lol you're lucky.

that is kinda a hard thing to spot though, good thing you found it!

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoens

I would change your tcase and tranny fluid and look for metal shavings in the fluid. Glad to see you found it though.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Might be time to put a little locktite on them bolts. Definitely a place I would never had looked for a vibration. I would have found it after they separated and scattered down the highway. Jeep gods were smiling down on you on this one. Sad part is you have used all of your jeep luck up.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #21
johnnykind
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you ever figure this one out?
im having the same problem, shakes in 3rd and 4th under aceleration
after ax15 swap...
johnnykind is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.