vibes w/ RC lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vibes w/ RC lift

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-24-2002, 10:45 PM   #1
93 Blue Demon YJ

vibes w/ RC lift

After I put my rough country lift on I got some minor vibration, it is the worst about 60-65 mph. I noticed that I got 4.75" lift on that 3" kit (my old springs were kinda flat). I am hoping that when the springs settle down a little it will improve. I put the drop kit in for the transmission, u-joints and trans. mount are new. Any other ideas?

Unread 04-25-2002, 05:27 AM   #2
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rough country has been mixing up the shims. Check to see what degree shim you have. Yours should be 3 degrees with a stock drivetrain I believe. Mine has to be 6 degrees because I have a SYE.

I can send you mine when I get done if yours aren't the correct ones.
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
V8wrangler_idaho

i had to change the shims on mine to get it not viberate anymore. I even called RC and they said that no one had ever called with that same problem LOL ya right. I went with a 2.5 degree shim on mine. but i also have a 1 inch shacle lift which changed the drive line angle just slightly. Its kinda a pain to change the angle of the shims though on the axle. I had to brake the old shims off the springs and then replace the bolt that holds the shims together and then put the new anglle shim back on. fixed the probblem.

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.