Versions/Significant Changes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Versions/Significant Changes?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-21-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
Alien

Versions/Significant Changes?

As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm looking to buy a Wrangler. Can someone tell me the difference between cj, yj, etc?

Also, when were the last redesigns of the chassis, engine, drivetrain and suspension? For example, is a '97 pretty much the same thing as an '02? I'm probably looking at getting a '00 or '01, but may end up with a '98 or '99.

Any other significant differences and general shopping advice is appreciated.

Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
jeepinkg

The CJ was first then that was improved a little with the YJ version in 87 both use leaf springs under the axle then again in 97 when the TJ was introduced.there are very few diffrences between the cj's and yjs. the most significant change was the use of coils in 97 on the TJ's they also started hvae a rear Dana 44 as an option and depending on if you plan to run larger than 33's would be something to look for. Those are the most noticable changes. good luck with your search.
400 big block, ford 9, dana 60, and some more lift
jeepinkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.