vacuum readings question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vacuum readings question

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 09-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Don't have an Offy, but With either an extension, or an extension and a squiggly joint, I had no problems doing mine.

I got a Holley refurb once and it looked brand new. It did have a problem, though. One linkage part was bent and caused the throttle to stick. Took a while to figure out what was going on, and was likely the reason it was returned. A little Kentucky windage applied to said linkage and it is as slick as an eel in a barrel of snot.

Look yours over well, if anything is wrong, it is probably minor.

Unread 09-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
ForestJeep89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old4X View Post
Don't have an Offy, but With either an extension, or an extension and a squiggly joint, I had no problems doing mine.

I got a Holley refurb once and it looked brand new. It did have a problem, though. One linkage part was bent and caused the throttle to stick. Took a while to figure out what was going on, and was likely the reason it was returned. A little Kentucky windage applied to said linkage and it is as slick as an eel in a barrel of snot.

Look yours over well, if anything is wrong, it is probably minor.
Haha that's great. Ill look er over real nice.
Yeah I think it is the water jacket underneath that wont let me go straight on and so far I cant find an angle with the squiggly do-hicky,real tight in there.anyhoo I keep at it.
ForestJeep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
ForestJeep89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well anyways...instead of letting this thread trail off I'll update it now for future searches.

Got my Holley in the mail as well as spacers and other gear, ordered quick change kit for secondary tune and I am absolutely thrilled with the new carb which was flawless other than needing cam position, pump arm, throttle blade, and choke adjustments! After much tightening and making sure of proper intake manifold, vacuum tubing and carb installation, I fired it up and she runs great!

Only problem was my gauge was still showing that intermittent drop off of vacuum pressure...Aargh!

as you can imagine I was very freaked out to see the gauge doing that still so I grabbed the gauge to bring it closer to my face and the pressure went up.......so I put the gauge back where it was and the pressure dropped.......and again I did this a couple more times to verify that all along my problem was a failing mityvac handpump vacuum gauge that doesn't like being held in a certain position due to the needle valve under the trigger release.

So...in conclusion, I would say if you're going to start getting into mechanics (which I recently did), always always always give attention to the most simplest things first first first. probably starting by making sure you are dressed before you leave the house.

Post Script: Ya'll would have loved to have been there when I had to give my wife the update ya'll just got. (She was amazingly understanding, but boy did I feel dumb.)

Here's some pics of the outcome. (Sound of one person clapping slowly).
img_4023-800x600-.jpg

img_4024-800x600-.jpg

img_4025-800x600-.jpg

img_4026-800x600-.jpg

Unread 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #19
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sure most here have had those oh **** moments, sometimes its the simple things that get ya, glad you figured it out. enjoy your holley, its the perfect carb for the 4.2.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
ForestJeep89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
I'm sure most here have had those oh **** moments, sometimes its the simple things that get ya, glad you figured it out. enjoy your holley, its the perfect carb for the 4.2.
tx ,will do
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #21
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

it looks great, thats for sure

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.