vacuum problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vacuum problems

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Bryan01702

vacuum problems

having a wierd issue with the 2.5l engine. We had to swap another 4cyl in it cause we blew the other well we weren' that smart and didn't mark anything. We have it pretty close but it idles rough. When i unhook the ccv valve line it'll idle up and idle normal. Shouldn't this be the opposite? anybody have any ideas of what could be going on?

Bryan01702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
yj98joe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That is weird, do you mean the pcv valve? If so, reinsert the pcv valve and remove the oil filler cap. does it smooth out? Is the pcv valve good? this will at least tell you if its becaause of the pcv valve or the crank case presure.

I recently swapped motors in mine with one that sat for some time and the rings were stuck from sitting. So I remoived the plugs and shot some tranny fluid down into the cylinders and let it soak for a while .5 hour. then ran it some more. Let it heat up and then let it sit. after a while they free'd up and it ran smooth. I dont know if this is your problem, just something to concider.
yj98joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Bryan01702

no i guess in 91 they started calling it the ccv valve. wierd.
Bryan01702 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.