1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeepJJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
vacuum lines help

I am finishing up my new engine install and I am having problems with a few vacuum lines. 90 2.5l. I have a line going to the front axle there is a blue and a red line that I am not sure about.

I took off the battery cage and disconnected a few hosed from a vacuum chamber but I am not sure about what or where is something missing. See pictures:

Last the vocuum canaster has a line that goes to the gas tank. I pictures the line but I don't know where the line that if connects too is located.

Also I have 2 electrical lines 1 from the passanger side that I cant see where it plugs into and on the right side there is a line that has no place to connect? Both are from the transmission, manual.

Attached Thumbnails
20170817_173642.jpg   20170817_173455.jpg   20170817_173426.jpg   20170817_173529.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-17-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I figured out the electrical. Just needed to be thinking of this fits in here and my 2 lines actually are connected together. from trans to main line.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Better picture. Have the harness from the intake, the vacuum can, and the sensor on the battery cage, with the line to front axle. I am just needing to know; top harness goes to vacuum can and batter harness as an example. I will put pics of the lines for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
20170819_121553_1503172308960.jpg  

2.5l will do 90!

post #4 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 07:56 PM
JeepJJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The blue hose is just a vent for 4wd coming from the transfer case. The red hose is the vacuum source for the 4wd. I believe it comes from the bottom of the 4 metal vacuum lines behind the engine if stock. The canister vent hose should run from the canister across the top of transmission to a metal line on the driverside frame that runs from front to back of vehicle. Then it goes back to rubber hose that goes across the gas tank to passenger tail light area. It attaches to a single rollover valve directly behind the tail light.

The electrical connector is for the CPS. For some odd reason the CPS wire runs across the top of the transmission to the passenger side and connects near the battery. When I replaced mine I couldn't find a CPS with a long enough wire. I had to splice in some of my old wire.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Jeep JJ Thank you for the help. I got the wire and the fuel tank vent done. I get the blue line. The problems that are left are:

wired vacuum 3 line connection what lines plug into it.
what does the red line hook up too?
There is a small tube with a 45 degree connector
Mechanic said that vacuum is directional? it has to go one way or as long as it is all connected no leaks no problem. As long as same system?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I figure at this point I have enough room and I know all the lines, just not where they go. So how about this:
Hard lines from intake are 1(on top) 2 in the middle, 3 (bottom), 4 is closed, vacuum can is A to D (raised circle is A then to the left) C is the fuel line. The wired box on the battery chamber is X. Top is X, bottom middle is Y, and Z is bottom. Lines going to front axle are colored. Red line is 4x4, green and Yellow are all done. There is an open set of lines. 1 from axle and one from under transmission so how about axle line and trans line. Line on the distributor. Called distributor

So we have 1-4 hard lines, Vac can A-D, Battery x-z, lines- red, axle, trans, and distributor.

And as always thank you for even reading this.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-19-2017, 10:57 PM
JeepJJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Confused on what you're asking.
My 4wd vacuum lines are different because it wasn't there when I got the jeep and was replaced without the colored lines. But I think the red T's so one line goes to bottom hardline behind engine (manifold vacuum) and other to axle. Has a check valve. Probably need someone else with a proper setup to help.

The electrical thing with 3 hoses is the canister/EGR solenoid. Top hose X is connected to top hardline 1 behind engine. Middle hose Y is connected to canister and is T'd. Bottom hose Z is a vent. It should have a little white vented cap on it. Mine is long gone. My canister has been replaced with one a little different because they don't make them anymore. My hoses are in different positions now. Looking at your picture it looks right except the missing tank vent line.

Not sure what you mean with the distributor.
wrangler1990 likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-20-2017, 02:29 AM
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, Its hard to follow along as you are using confusing and improper jargon.
It looks like you have a mess going on there and you are tearing stuff out willy nilly.

Lets start with the 4WD vacuum harness. Trace it and remove it completely. Pull the casing off and post a pic of it so we can see all the vacuum lines(not wires)They are color coded. Red, blue, green, yellow with a little black bypass section.

91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35@3.07
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,42RLE/MP1522, D30M/8.25@3.73
Emission test=YES
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
post #9 of 10 Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Thanks for the input. I moved onto getting it to turn over before I need to make sure the 4x4 system is up. So I have used your information to track back most of what I need. I will get back to this and give updated pictures.

It's easier when something goes wrong in a complete working system, then repairing something that is incomplete before it is finished. So thanks.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-25-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
wrangler1990
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Not sure if I said that but from your help I know what almost every line if for. But still need to read and connect so I can know where they go and connect too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.