vacume lines after nutter bypass - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > vacume lines after nutter bypass

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Reply
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
lancer27
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maryland
Posts: 403
vacume lines after nutter bypass

ok so i did the nutter and i want to rip all those nasty usless lines out. but i dont know what ones i need and idk where to cap them off at. so a little insight maybe some pics would be great. and also i dont get a whole lot of pull on the distributer cap vac line. is that a problem?

__________________
97 tj i6 3.5 RE superflex lift. hp dana 30 4.56 gears ausie up front. dana 44 33spline alloy usa shafts arb rear. tom woods supper short sye and matching cv ds. 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR's with kevlar. york OBA system. Metal Cloak High Arch tube fenders!(my favorit mod!!!)
lancer27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Tompatt
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Macon / Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 2,793
Heres something to look at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/vac-line-clean-up-post-nutter-post-weber-well-now-677814/

also.. what kind of carb you have? did you move your vac line that goes from Dist to carb to the other port?
__________________
Thomas
-1987 YJ
Jeep Build
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
buckshot500
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Carolina
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer27 View Post
ok so i did the nutter and i want to rip all those nasty usless lines out. but i dont know what ones i need and idk where to cap them off at. so a little insight maybe some pics would be great. and also i dont get a whole lot of pull on the distributer cap vac line. is that a problem?
Hold on there now just a minute!

Some of that stuff is important.

The charcoal canister & all the lines connected to it.
The CTO switch & it's lines.
The EGR
The intake manifold heater.
The manifold vacuum going through the firewall, is for the cabin heater/AC

There are more items too, you really need to know & understand any wires or vac lines you are going to cut out.

For instance, the side of the battery tray has two relays & a plastic box with resistors in it. Cut those & you won't have electric choke, intake heater,(important) & the box is for the sol-vac & the rear window defroster.

Whatever you do, don't cut the resistance wire in the engine compartment loom.

Much of that emissions crap can come out, but you need to research it till you are positive.
buckshot500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
Tompatt
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Macon / Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot500 View Post
Hold on there now just a minute!

Some of that stuff is important.

The charcoal canister & all the lines connected to it.
The CTO switch & it's lines.
The EGR
The intake manifold heater.
The manifold vacuum going through the firewall, is for the cabin heater/AC

There are more items too, you really need to know & understand any wires or vac lines you are going to cut out.

For instance, the side of the battery tray has two relays & a plastic box with resistors in it. Cut those & you won't have electric choke, intake heater,(important) & the box is for the sol-vac & the rear window defroster.

Whatever you do, don't cut the resistance wire in the engine compartment loom.

Much of that emissions crap can come out, but you need to research it till you are positive.
for learning about what each thing does... look here.. http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/list.htm
__________________
Thomas
-1987 YJ
Jeep Build
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....
 
rustywrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 18,616
The link Tompatt posted in his first post above covers everything you need to do and keep those items above.
__________________

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Tompatt
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Macon / Carrollton, Georgia
Posts: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
The link Tompatt posted in his first post above covers everything you need to do and keep those items above.
gettin quicker in replies ay rusty? haha. before this site.. i would still be running the WORST vac set up ever seen on JF. haha.
__________________
Thomas
-1987 YJ
Jeep Build
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
buckshot500
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Carolina
Posts: 793
If the distributor vacuum line is connected to a timed port like it should be, then it's not gonna pull much at idle. Connect a gauge to it & increase the rpms to see if it gets more vacuum.

Edit; Tompatt's links are good!

I would suggest leaving the intake heater though, it really helps on a cold morning.

Last edited by buckshot500; 04-12-2009 at 09:58 PM..
buckshot500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
lancer27
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maryland
Posts: 403
ok thanks for the quick response. i am running the carter pos. and yes i have moved the lines around using the t split. and thats y i came here cuz i know i can pull out some of the usless wireing but i dont know which ones i should and shouldnt touch. but it just dosnt seem to have any affect on the idle if i pull the vac. line off from the dis cap and leave it open. i would think it might change something. i may be wrong. but thats y i come to jf
__________________
97 tj i6 3.5 RE superflex lift. hp dana 30 4.56 gears ausie up front. dana 44 33spline alloy usa shafts arb rear. tom woods supper short sye and matching cv ds. 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR's with kevlar. york OBA system. Metal Cloak High Arch tube fenders!(my favorit mod!!!)
lancer27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.