v8 swap help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > v8 swap help

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
tribalwithstyle

v8 swap help

Ok im planning on either a 302 or a 350 into my bucket of blots anyone know if there is w wiring harness for my beast for either of those motors or do u have to use the factory harness.

tribalwithstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
OOXTEME
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if you go TBI but I have a carbed 350 and just left the old harness in it just tied in oil pressure fuel battery and power for the hei

94 Yj 350 700R4 Swap with Ford 8.8 in progress, 3" BDS Lift, 1" Shackels, 3" Body, Rhino Lined Tub
OOXTEME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

x2. carb set up going in. Only need 4 wire to do the whole motor... I have a thread on my SBC questions. Good luck
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
tribalwithstyle

Not going carb this is gonna be a crawler i kinda need fuel injection so i dont run out of fuel on a crazy incline but thx any one else. oh is there any good threads on the swap i herd something about a speed sensor that is adapted to the jeep harness and some other dumb things
tribalwithstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalwithstyle View Post
Not going carb this is gonna be a crawler i kinda need fuel injection so i dont run out of fuel on a crazy incline but thx any one else. oh is there any good threads on the swap i herd something about a speed sensor that is adapted to the jeep harness and some other dumb things
yeah i know there are harnesses around. I was going vertec at first but didnt... as to ease for right now! Check out Pirate4x4's jeep section, there are 1000s of write ups. (warning on posts- READ THE NEWBIE STUFF FIRST)

I think painless wiring makes a harness.
I know ive seen couple others...
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The engine harness is independent of your Jeep's body harness, so there is no "adapting" to what you have now.

Decide which engine you're going to put in, then figure out the details.

P.S. the wiring is the easy part
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.