V8 exhaust pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > V8 exhaust pics

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

V8 exhaust pics

Im getting older and the true duals into 2 chamber flowmasters (cant rember the series) with turndowns before the axle is just to loud, annoying and stinks. So im going to be redoing my exhaust and I was wanting to see what other people had done for ideas. Quiet is the goal. I dont mind if im hammer down, but I want the least amount of exhaust drone possible with affecting performance. I want to run the dual exhaust out the rear, but it looks a little tight on the drivers side. If any one has done this I would love to see pics of that. I have thought about running a single exhaust, just thinking that crossing over under my oil pan inst the best for oil temperature. Any pics of custom hangers would help too. Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Preliminary plans so far:

(2) Vibrant performance ultra quiet 1140 resonators 2.25 in/out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Perf...ht_1889wt_1161

(2) Walker Quiet-Flow SS mufflers- 2.25 in/out

Still looking exact part number i need

Here some old pics but exhaust is basically the same right now.

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Xzero117
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So are side pipes out of the picture ?

but really plumbing true duals on our jeeps is hard, the transfer-case really gets in the way, not to mention the gas tank

just switch out the mufflers for like the quietest mufflers magnaflow or flowmaster makes

and a single pipe exhaust is your best bet, just run a y pipe with a 3 inch exhaust, and then just simply run 1 muffler, one of the big ones that are made for full size suvs

Novak has a picture of a v8 jeep with a y pipe on their site
jeepbigtires2_zps7d4a028c.jpg  
Xzero117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Xzero117
1990 YJ Wrangler 

this pic might help you get an idea
Xzero117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had side pipes before the turndowns. Im not a fan of them so that is out of the question. I have cleared my tcase with my current exhaust, so that is not the concern. My concern with the y-pipe like pictured above is oil temperature and i also have a saddle mount for my sbc. Im at work right now, but i think there could be clearence issues. I dont know how it would work but i was possibly thinking of running a y pipe after the crossmember???
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ok so i looked at it tonight and i cannot do a y pipe under the oil pan, my headers are angled toward the back so i would have to bend the exhaust back forward and it just wouldnt work. I think im going to dual it coming out the side just infront of the rear shackles. I think that may be my only option. I saw mavericks on his LT1 build and they look pretty good.
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running a single 3" from the cat back using the AFE kit, substituting Magnaflows "quietest muffler in that size". It's pretty loud. I wish I would have done a single 2.5".
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

has any one done an H pipe? The only place i can think of putting it is after the xfercase. Would it even be worth it as far as resonance cancelation?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.