Upgrade suspension and lift 93 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Upgrade suspension and lift 93 YJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
mtnmagic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Upgrade suspension and lift 93 YJ

This is my first post though I found this forum a year ago when I bought my jeep. Fantastic info here! I can explore it for hours.I've already upgraded my charging system with 1/0 welding cable and larger cables to starter etc when I swapped my old kirkland battery for a Diehard Platinum. My next project will be to upgrade my suspension with a 2 inch lift. Its between the Zone or BDS kit.
My question is... Do I need to do worry about the driveshaft angle with such a small lift? Thanks in advance.

mtnmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome.

You may want to get a transfer case drop just in case. Every jeep reacts differently to being lifted. The zone lift is the little brother to the BDS. Don't rule out old man emu. They're great.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
mtnmagic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thats what I was thinking.. just in case. The OME looks great. I'm also thinking of building a kit. Ome springs, biltstien shocks... nuts and bolts. Cash is a factor but I hate to do anything 1/2 way. Thanks Anticanman!
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I highly suggest piecing together a lift. You get the best pick of every component. And who doesn't want the best?

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
mtnmagic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm convinced to "build it" myself... now the fun continues.. more research
Thanks
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pick a tire size and go from there. Tire size dictates everything.
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

go with BDS, ome and bds springs are practically the same, the ride same, nwarranties.. bds ****s on all
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.