Update: 1" BL is just right, 37's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Update: 1" BL is just right, 37's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Update: 1" BL is just right, 37's

Here's my original thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/little-lift-big-tires-pics-683431/

I didn't have front bumps in and could touch the front fenders with the tires. I thought a 1" BL and the correct bumps would do the trick. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I still don't have bumps in the rear, but I'm waiting on parts for a u bolt inversion, then I'll make some for the rear. In the second pic, there tire has just barely make contact with the front of the rear wheel well, and I only have about 1/4" of shock travel left. With the right lenght bump stops, that should work well too.

jeep-091.jpg   jeep-092.jpg   jeep-093.jpg  
chadroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good!

Those 37's look massive on there!
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
RoverJeep90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

^^ Agreed. Really neat looking Jeep, too. I like how your armor molds together on the sides. With those fenders and your rocker guards, your Jeep has a really need line to it.
Sony CDX-GT300 | Kicker ZX500.1 | Kicker ZX350.4 | Kicker ZX200.2 | Kicker L5 Solobaric Sub | Kicker 6x9's | Apline 6.5's | Boston 4x6's
Truckstop CB Antenna | Class 3 Hitch
RoverJeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
shaggyjim
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice bling wheels Chad! Who makes them?

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"

"I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one!"
shaggyjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I run 37s myself. If you want just a bit more room, I'd recommend doing the TJ flares. You can cut out a fair amount of fender and it's probably equivalent to about another inch of body lift. I run SOA, 1 inch body lift, and TJ flares.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #6
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! The wheels are ION. I bought all five for $500 off ebay. That included lug nuts, valve stems and delivery!! I think they get a little more for them now, but I really like them.
I suppose I should post a pic of what it looks like sitting of flat ground.....
jeep-099.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My bad on the flare recommendation. In this picture I can see you've done better. What are the details on your fenders? I do like the look and it appears you have more hole for the wheels than I have.
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

They are the Xenon flat fenders. Tj in the rear. I really do like the way they fit and look. I spent a LOT of time trimming the wheel wells just right and even trimmed the inner part(the part that sits agains the body) of the flares. There's plenty left over and it made more room. I also spent a lot of time getting the rocker guards to fit them just right.
jeep-062.jpg   jeep-063.jpg   jeep-100.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #9
96greenxjjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

does it vibrate at all with that angle on the rearend
96greenxjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good eye! That's an old(2 mo.) pic. That's been corrected. It was never actually driven like that
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

GOD your rig is damn fine lookin man. I only hope to have a setup like that soon.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
96greenxjjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadroc View Post
Good eye! That's an old(2 mo.) pic. That's been corrected. It was never actually driven like that
just looking out for ya man. lol
96greenxjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadroc View Post
They are the Xenon flat fenders. Tj in the rear. I really do like the way they fit and look. I spent a LOT of time trimming the wheel wells just right and even trimmed the inner part(the part that sits agains the body) of the flares. There's plenty left over and it made more room. I also spent a lot of time getting the rocker guards to fit them just right.

I commend you. That's a very nice job. Mine are not nearly as nice looking. I have one of those 20 ft Jeeps. From 20 ft away, it looks pretty good. Get up close and details that you have taken care of here become evident on mine!
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
GOD your rig is damn fine lookin man. I only hope to have a setup like that soon.
Thank you! And I hope to see YOU in a great rig soon!
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by osburn View Post
I commend you. That's a very nice job. Mine are not nearly as nice looking. I have one of those 20 ft Jeeps. From 20 ft away, it looks pretty good. Get up close and details that you have taken care of here become evident on mine!
Thanks Matt! I'm kind of particular (aka anal) when I get into something. It's not perfect, but I'm learning. The things I didnt spend as much time as I should have with always seem to end up getting redone. Luckily I don't work much in winter, so I've spent a lot of time with it. I'm fortunate to be able to do that. The bad thing is I have to bust my butt in summer. It's worth it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.