Up travel Down travel SOA RE 1.5 springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Up travel Down travel SOA RE 1.5 springs

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
Doch80
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good though BTW

()_) ()_)-o-()_)
Doch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
booboowv77
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis View Post
No flamin just shootin you straight. The 5th link is fine. If it were me id discconect shocks and link and put it on jackstands. id pull the tires and let it droop. .
Just Curious why take the tires off? You would get more droop with the extra weight.
Built not Bought #759
booboowv77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you remove the tires you can droop test in your driveway/ garage with simple jackstands. They might need to be elevated a bit but still doable. if you dont remove the tires you would need a real vehicle lift. Just allows the axle to drop that much further without anything hitting the ground and stopping the droop. I have a crap load of sandbags i use for work so i load a few on the axle assembly to simulate tire weight.
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
booboowv77
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis View Post
If you remove the tires you can droop test in your driveway/ garage with simple jackstands. They might need to be elevated a bit but still doable. if you dont remove the tires you would need a real vehicle lift. Just allows the axle to drop that much further without anything hitting the ground and stopping the droop. I have a crap load of sandbags i use for work so i load a few on the axle assembly to simulate tire weight.
I understand now I wasn't thinking of the tires hitting the ground. I have a lift so i can just let them on. Thanks
Built not Bought #759
booboowv77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.