Under Driver Seat - what is it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Under Driver Seat - what is it?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It is very cool. When the outer radar is triggered, the warning chirp is activated. When the inner radar is triggered, the alarm goes off. Works great for convertibles.

Unread 08-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #17
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomYJ View Post
It's only bolted to the bracket, not connected to anything else under seat. The wiring disappears into large harness coming through firewall under dash.

Attachment 1574674
That is the acceleration sensor for your ABS brakes. It lets the ABS computer know if your stopping real fast and how hard. Its basicly a mecury switch.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
TomYJ

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jeep View Post
That is the acceleration sensor for your ABS brakes. It lets the ABS computer know if your stopping real fast and how hard. Its basicly a mecury switch.
ABS disconnected when Dana 44 was installed - sounds like it's ok to disconnect. Do I just terminate the wires under the dash?
Thanks for the help!
TomYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #19
Mambo_Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC_1980 View Post
I thought it was seatbelt related too but checked mine and it doesn't look like that. I also have a weird thing I found when removing my carpet.
I have a box that looks like that, though mine was just some alarm and ignition cut-off box that only cut the ignition off after someone ... like me ... disconnected, then reconnected, the YJ's battery.

Totally useless, so I found a way to bypass it.
Mambo_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #20
bigPapaLapas
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have the exact same box for my viper alarm.
bigPapaLapas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #21
mrmud4x4
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jeep View Post
Maybe the alarms are hooked up here because of it's location and access to power?

(see...I told you it was a tilt switch...lol...so if you flip over, you can't use your brakes either....)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.