Under dash cover write up. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Under dash cover write up.

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
zombiechief
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Under dash cover write up.

OK so I finally had a chance to make a template and get some measurements for my under dash cover panel. Here's what I have...

In case you don't know what I'm talking about (it HAS been a couple of months now..) Here are a pics of the panel. (undfinished)

Now here's the template and measurements...
These pictures shows where the power point is mounted and the 2 external radio speakers. This is UPSIDEDOWN! We are looking at the BOTTOM of the panel.

Now here's the template with all of the measurements on it. These pictures start from the PASSENGER side on the LEFT and goes to the DRIVER'S side on the RIGHT. Remember, we are looking at the BOTTOM of the cover panel so you have to FLIP IT OVER before installation. I just drilled 4 holes and used a #6X1/2" panhead self tapping screw and went into the bottom of the dash.

I hope this helps anyone wanting to build this. If you do, post up your pics. How did you improve it? What did you do different?

Unread 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

NICE !!!!!!!!

Well Done

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:28 AM   #3
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Why?
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:28 AM   #4
zombiechief
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It cleans up the space and makes for a neater looking dash.
Unread 02-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
andyroos
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatWhy?

Yup????
andyroos is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.