Undecided with my jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Undecided with my jeep

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
virtuaillusion
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Undecided with my jeep

Here's the bad news mothers day i rolled my jeep(94 4.0 w/96,000 miles). My buddy that is a mechanic said that to get it on the road i have to replace the windshield and windshield frame, rear passenger leaf springs and the roll bar and maybe tires. Here is where i am undecided I also have a 90 yj with the 4.2 that i was having engine problems that i could swap the engine and wiring harness into it. The 94 has some extensive body damage on all sides so what would you guys do. repair the body or swap the engine. Which would be more economical. Thanx for the help before hand.

Kris

virtuaillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Punisher
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Probably cheaper + easier to just swap the newer drivetrain into the older jeep. Use the good parts from the 94 and sell the rest. Build up the older one with the money you make from the salvage parts.

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
GreenDean
1995 ZJ 

I Conquer!
GreenDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
mYJ

Depending on emissions laws where you are from.... Usually you can swap a newer motor into an older vehicle but not the other way around. As said, you might be better off fixing up the 90.

[SIZE=1]92 YJ 2.5, OME, Flat Fendered, 31" Big O XTs, Crager Soft 8s, Posi-Lok, no sway/track bars, Exide Orbital, K&N, 4.0 TB & TBS, Mopar Performance Cam, Glass pack & Hi-Flow cat, Grant GT Removable Wheel, Tuffy Console, Other Stuff.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=2]Black JeepClub V2.0 #33[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] - Me & Roy[/FONT]
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.