Un biased cheap lift review comming soon from a seasoned Jeeper - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Un biased cheap lift review comming soon from a seasoned Jeeper

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #46
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You having trouble with the spring hanger bolts? They like to rust to the sleeves in the leaf spring bushings. Easiest way to deal with them is cut the head and threads off with a grinder. Then pry them out of the hanger, it takes 5 minutes each bolt.

Unread 02-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #47
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94
You having trouble with the spring hanger bolts? They like to rust to the sleeves in the leaf spring bushings. Easiest way to deal with them is cut the head and threads off with a grinder. Then pry them out of the hanger, it takes 5 minutes each bolt.
I'm just gonna wait a couple weeks and do it at my buddy's shop so I can use a lift and have access to pretty much every tool known to man
Unread 02-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #48
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm just gonna wait a couple weeks and do it at my buddy's shop so I can use a lift and have access to pretty much every tool known to man
That's overkill. Its a YJ a lift is easily done with basic hand tools, jack/stands, bfh, cheater pipe and a grinder.

Seriously cut everything out(ubolts, hanger bolts and trac bar junk) it'll save you a ton of time and effort. Only special tool you really need is a pitman arm puller.
Unread 02-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #49
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94
That's overkill. Its a YJ a lift is easily done with basic hand tools, jack/stands, bfh, cheater pipe and a grinder. Seriously cut everything out(ubolts, hanger bolts and trac bar junk) it'll save you a ton of time and effort. Only special tool you really need is a pitman arm puller.
I don't have trackbars or swaybars Having access to a lift And more room is much easier then a small 1 car garage where there is barley any room to work. And I won't have my wife or kids bugging me every 10 minutes or every time they hear a noise.
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #50
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I don't have trackbars or swaybars Having access to a lift And more room is much easier then a small 1 car garage where there is barley any room to work. And I won't have my wife or kids bugging me every 10 minutes or every time they hear a noise.
But we want to see and hear the results MEOW!

Seriously though, I am interested to hear how this lift rides. Looks like a nice option for my wife's Jeep if it does well.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #51
Richard_

1995 YJ Wrangler 

the suspense is killing me !!!
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #52
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm anticipating the disappointment!
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #53
justanotherjpr

Subbed!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #54
Mambo_Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The short-term review isn't why I'm subscribing... it will be the review 4 years from now that I want exact measurements at all four corners to see if they sagged.

My bet is you probably aren't going to keep the Jeep that long. From what I've seen on Craigslist a lot of people buy the cheap lifts to try to make a buck or hype them up to sell them.
Mambo_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #55
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo_Dave
The short-term review isn't why I'm subscribing... it will be the review 4 years from now that I want exact measurements at all four corners to see if they sagged. My bet is you probably aren't going to keep the Jeep that long. From what I've seen on Craigslist a lot of people buy the cheap lifts to try to make a buck or hype them up to sell them.
This jeeps not going anywhere. I had my last YJ for 8 years and regretted selling it everyday until I got this one. In 4 years this will probably be Soa on full width axles
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #56
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why is everyone acting like this lift hasn't been reviewed in an "unbiased" way before this?? Its RC people... you get what you pay for and to many it will be ok.... for a while... maybe...

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #57
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycal3
Why is everyone acting like this lift hasn't been reviewed in an "unbiased" way before this?? Its RC people... you get what you pay for and to many it will be ok.... for a while... maybe...
Cause this is not the normal rc lift this is their new x series with military wrap springs
Unread 02-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #58
Mambo_Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Cause this is not the normal rc lift this is their new x series with military wrap springs
Did they specify that there was something different about the metallurgy, and/or where the springs were made (so where the steel was sourced from), or are these really just everyday old RC springs with military wraps?
Mambo_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #59
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo_Dave
Did they specify that there was something different about the metallurgy, and/or where the springs were made (so where the steel was sourced from), or are these really just everyday old RC springs with military wraps?
They specified that they designed the springs specifically for the YJ To give a soft ride and flex. Articulate well off road. The N20 shocks are specifically valved for the YJ also according to their rep.
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #60
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got some time set aside to use my buddy's shop so the springs will be going on Friday evening I'll start the review then

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.