Un biased cheap lift review comming soon from a seasoned Jeeper - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Un biased cheap lift review comming soon from a seasoned Jeeper

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #31
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
sounds good. i look forward to your thread as well.

probably be ordering up the same lift in the future.
Sunday I have my buddy brady (90lsturbo) coming over to help install the lift
The military wraps look pretty decent the leafs are a little thicker then OEM asfar as length it appears to be the right length

Unread 02-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Sunday I have my buddy brady (90lsturbo) coming over to help install the lift
The military wraps look pretty decent the leafs are a little thicker then OEM asfar as length it appears to be the right length

i got a few miles on them now and as i thought i have nothing bad to say OTHER Than they told me they were 4.5" springs and really they are only 3.5" so other than that they ride NICE and they are flexing well, So to me what more could you need

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #33
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56
i got a few miles on them now and as i thought i have nothing bad to say OTHER Than they told me they were 4.5" springs and really they are only 3.5" so other than that they ride NICE and they are flexing well, So to me what more could you need
The kit is 4.5" with a 1" boom shackle. Depending on how early I finish the lift there may be a quick shake down run 😄
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #34
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Depending on how early I finish the lift there may be a quick shake down run 😄

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #35
BrandonYJReed
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I will be awaiting pics on Instagram

-1999 XJ, 4.0, AW4, lifted 4.5", JK Rubi take offs.
BrandonYJReed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #36
YJjeeper1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is the exact lift I was looking at, let us know how it goes! Your the deciding factor on the lift! Is it the x series with the sway bar disconnects and braided brake lines? Or the regular 4.5 military kit? Did you need a sye and cv shaft?
YJjeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #37
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJjeeper1
This is the exact lift I was looking at, let us know how it goes! Your the deciding factor on the lift! Is it the x series with the sway bar disconnects and braided brake lines? Or the regular 4.5 military kit? Did you need a sye and cv shaft?
the only difference between the x series and this are the discos and brake lines. I did not get the x series since I have no swaybars and I have a set of extended lines already I saved money. I'm gonna see how it goes wo a sye for now of I need on I'll install on but I want to hold off for a few months on a sye
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #38
YJjeeper1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

On the rc website it mentions brake line relocation brackets, were these included in the kit you purchased? I don't have extended brake lines so I wouldn't be opposed to using the "relocation brackets", however if they are garbage I wouldn't mind paying $100 more for the braided lines and discos. If the standard kit is good to go tho then I'll save myself $100 lol. What do you think?
Unread 02-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #39
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
On the rc website it mentions brake line relocation brackets, were these included in the kit you purchased? I don't have extended brake lines so I wouldn't be opposed to using the "relocation brackets", however if they are garbage I wouldn't mind paying $100 more for the braided lines and discos. If the standard kit is good to go tho then I'll save myself $100 lol. What do you think?
it came with relocation brackets to be honest they are just he normal run of the mill brackets
Unread 02-13-2014, 12:40 AM   #40
YJjeeper1
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
it came with relocation brackets to be honest they are just he normal run of the mill brackets
Thanks for all the info man, I'll probably just go with the x series and avoid a headache on the trail later on, it's only $100 more. One last thing, the other guy said the springs are more like 3.5 springs plus 1 inch shackles, do you agree with this?
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #41
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Thanks for all the info man, I'll probably just go with the x series and avoid a headache on the trail later on, it's only $100 more. One last thing, the other guy said the springs are more like 3.5 springs plus 1 inch shackles, do you agree with this?
Yes I agree 3.5" spring 1" shackle
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #42
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Subscribed! Can't wait to see how the yj sits on the new RC military wraps. I had the RC 4" on my yj for a while and ended up replacing them with zone 4" springs last year. Then RC brings out the military wraps. Maybe I should've waited one more year to replace springs.
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #43
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yesterday I made an attempt to install the lift, My impact gun did not have enough grunt to bust free a few bolts, So I was only able to get the shackles installed.
Which are pretty beefy and of great quality ! One day this week im going to try to go to my buddys shop and use his beastly impact gun (rated at 1,000ftlbs ) to break the bolts free then I'll throw on the springs and shocks. I did manage to install the shackles yesterday and it is verified they are indeed a 1" lift boomerang (4) in the kit so it is a 3.5" spring
my only gripe so far is the leaf bolts for the frame mount did not come with the kit otherwise it would have been on yesterday !

Here's the Shackles and my 33's from the XJ installed :

Unread 02-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #44
Richard_
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That looks pretty sweet like that , nice nice and low
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #45
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_
That looks pretty sweet like that , nice nice and low
thanks. Last night I made another attempt to install my springs which resulted in something snapping inside my impact gun that's brand new
and my buddy had my grinder so I snagged that from him this morning so I'll be trying to work on it tonight if my wife allows me to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.