UJ help!!!!! and stutter problem!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > UJ help!!!!! and stutter problem!!!

New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
muddyfunkster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

UJ help!!!!! and stutter problem!!!

Hey two questions!

Had major vibes for a while, getting worse and worse, getting worse with speed.

Replaced front driveshaft which had worn slipyoke, Vibes got better for a while but were still there, then in last two weeks they got really bad to the point that it was really uncomfortable to drive!

Had a look underneath and both ends of the rear propshaft were leaking on the oil seals and the UJ had some play in it, when i rock it up/down hard i can see the uj moving in the cap slightly, then all of a sudden this week there is a dud dud dud noise that is in time with the vehicle speed and vibes.....so im guessing the rear UJ has gone?...

So In uk all i can find are front driveshaft UJ's, are they the same size as the rears??????

Question two - when i replaced the exhaust manifold I went to replace the intake and i noticed it had slipped while being moved out of the way and was pulling the one of the injector wires (I left the wiring attached) it hadnt pulled it off but was stretching it.
now i have really bad problems with the jeep bucking and stuttering bad, to the point where it wont go! i looked at the wire nearest the firewall and wiggled it etc and the jeep was drivable but it still stuttered slightly, do you think i broke the wire? the jeep has never done anything like that before!

Thanks for any help!

Unread 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
muddyfunkster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Forgot to say, put new 02 sensor and TPS on at the same time, but no codes are coming up - dodgy 02 sensor?

argh!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
muddyfunkster
1995 YJ Wrangler 

No replys?!!!!!!! Is it coz I is English??? lol!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
muddy93
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

with oil on both ends of the rear drive shaft (guessing that's what you meant when you said "propshaft"), I'd start by checking the fluid level in both the T-case and rear axle. Also, if there is any play in the yoke on the rear axle, you might be in need of new pinion bearings.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.