Uh-Oh (BRAKE!) whump!!!.... buzzard fail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Uh-Oh (BRAKE!) whump!!!.... buzzard fail

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhajad View Post
So you let your daughter, who only has her permit, text while driving a stick shift vehicle?
(deleted non-productive remark)

Thanks Burnerman, you beat me to it. (cheers!)

Unread 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #17
Delta347
T-Rex Bait

1990 YJ Wrangler 

For the record about everyone in the studio I am in right now is staring at me awkwardly because I'm cracking up so much between the buzzard, the spider, and other remarks (such as its butt through its mind)....

Glad to hear all is well though! Like you said, that could have ended a lot worse.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #18
jbeebe
1991 YJ Wrangler 

that spider pic is hilarious! haha

glad you guys are ok, and that the jeep will be ok too.
jbeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
Dang, the first really nice weekend of the year, all set to go play with the new ARB in my rear diff, and the SHTF. Or rather, the buzzard hit the windshield.

Coming home last night with my daughter up the road to our house, sweeping curve to the left. See a dead deer (that wasn't there in the morning) on the left side of the road with three buzzards feasting at the roadside cafe. They take off, all looks good, when one of them decides to become a kamikaze. It's over thirty feet in the air, safe and sound, then turns on a dime and dive-bombs straight into my windshield. No time to react, other than to try and slow down a bit. For the record, hitting a buzzard dead-on with your windshield at 45 mph is a real attention getter.

Scared the heck out of my daughter, who was texting on her phone and didn't see it coming. Little bits of glass blew all over me and my side of the jeep, good thing I had my sunglasses on. I'm just glad it didn't hit her side of the glass, or come completely through the windshield. This could have ended up so much worse. This is also a good lesson for my daughter, who will be getting her driver's license this year: Things can happen real fast when you are driving a vehicle, and it's not always *you* who causes an accident. Swerving to miss the bird could have put us into some trees and become a major injury accident instead of simply just some glass.

Stupid bird. Grrrr.....

Got an appointment to have a new windshield put in Monday morning. On the bright side, at least now I'll be able to drive into the sun for the first time without the haze of an old pitted windshield.

Let's see if these cell phone pics come out.
I would have layed an egg in my pants
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #20
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Update...

Had the new windshield installed yesterday. Forgot what it is like to look through some new glass. Huge difference. Even the wife thought there was a difference: "Did you put bigger wipers on? They look bigger than before-- or maybe we can just see them for a change. "

Gunna rain today. At least that had perfect timing. Driving to the glass shop with that busted windshield in the rain would have been too dangerous, I doubt I could have seen enough to make it without jeopardizing others on the road. Then again, I could have just folded down the windshield and toughed it out. No worse than a motorcycle, eh?

Glad you all enjoyed the spider pic. Sometimes things just look "right".
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #21
shagsjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

LOL This was to funny. And here in the midwest the Turkey's are not any brighter. 5 years ago my father had the same thing happen. He said he was just crusin' home one day ( he lives in the country back woods ) listen to the radio and out of know where a huge smack to the windsheild, he hammered the brake's, see's blood and feather's and a small hole in the windshield. He said first thing he did was pull over hop out an pee. Scared the piss out of him. He said it had to have dive-bombed him cause he never seen it coming. It dented the top of his car at the windshield frame slightly. Never knew a buzzard would do the same. Glad everyone was ok.
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #22
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YouTube - Nissan "Pigeons" Commercial

I can't believe how expensive it is for a windshield in a Jeep... it's just a flat piece of glass, but it was cheaper for my dad to get a windshield for his Suburban than it was for my Jeep.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.