Turning and Idling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turning and Idling

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-14-2002, 07:35 AM   #1
SnowMan

Turning and Idling

Does anyone out there have the problem with there YJ that when your say paralell parking the motor really stagers to a low idle then jumps back to normal with the clutch in, seems to always happen when I turn the wheels to the right (most of the time) at a slow speed. Thought maybe a pinched vacuum line? Just seeing if anyone out there has this happen to them and has fixed it or it is just a thing that happens. Also wondering if this could be linked to my poor idle speed when the engine is warm.

Unread 05-14-2002, 07:45 AM   #2
rick_chicago

I'm having the very same problem.

Logic would have you start with the steering system, as it seems turning the wheel loads up the power steering. I've replaced the original PS pump, as well as the belts. Next up will be the pressure and return lines that lead from the pump to the gear (I sure wish I'd have done that when I had the pump off!). After that, I'm not sure what to check.

I'd also love to hear any other theories.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.