Turn Signals both sides in back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn Signals both sides in back

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
ad-man
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Turn Signals both sides in back

Ok I have been fighting this for a few weeks not. When I turn on a turn signal, it works just right in the front. But both lights blink in the rear. Same thing if I turn on the other one. So I pulled the switch out and tore it all the way down to see if I could find a short in it, but it was fine as far as I could tell. So I went and got one at the junkyard today. Plugged it in and it does the same thing. Both rear lights blink.
I took a test light to the wires and back probed them.
On the C104 conector I am getting power on K all the time. I know its the emergency flasher line. I get power on G all the time, but have not found that in the FSM yet. Must have something to do with something else. H&M are the left side flashers front to back respectfully. And J&N for the right side front then back.
When I push the switch one way or the other Both M&N always flash while H&J only flash if they are supposed to.
I feel like it should be something in the switch, But I just can't believe that I have 2 with the very same problem. The one I started with was working well in the garage a few weeks ago. I had it out for a run a while back and put on the Eme. flashers to see if all the lights were working and the next day I see that both rear lights always flash. I back probed with the key off and with the key on but no signal turned on. and did not see where there is any back feed power that I can see.
One thing I just noticed that I had not mentioned is that the P wire for the brake switch is always flashing also. I don't know why. I don't think I have a problem with brake lights. But I have not been out of the driveway for a few weeks not. Need to get the steering wheel back on someday soon while I still remember how it goes together.

ad-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.