Turn signal switch replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn signal switch replacement

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Turn signal switch replacement

I bought a turn signal switch cause on mine when you put the left turn signal on you have to turn it off manualy. does anyone know how to replace it and can give me step by step directions

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

I only read the pictures!

95 Rio Grande- 4" Pro Comp lift, 235x75r15 on stock Alloys, Boomerangs, Piolet Trail Lights, Hurc'd, No Sways or Trac, Custom Under Dash Wiring Harness
jerseyrider1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Tamalama
1992 YJ Wrangler 

thats really weird i have the exact same problem on my 92 yj. left signal doesn't cancel, i feel like an idiot when i forget to cancel it.
Tamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
rwrhino91
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It may not be broken. Sounds like the cancelling cam is in the wrong position.You are going to need a steering wheel puller and a spring compressor to get to it so you can put it in the right position.
rwrhino91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i can get my steering wheel off with no problem but what is the spring compresser for?
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

95 Rio Grande- 4" Pro Comp lift, 235x75r15 on stock Alloys, Boomerangs, Piolet Trail Lights, Hurc'd, No Sways or Trac, Custom Under Dash Wiring Harness
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.epiccomputer.com/dale/jee...tilt/tilt.html

Writeup with photos.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so if my turn signal doesnt cancle it self i need a new canclation cam?

Unread 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i found out the hard way what the steering spring was all about.. I fabed up my our compresser and had a question about where the cam has to be set at... if you look at the cam before you remove it from the shaft the horn wire is at about 10 to 11 o'clock is that right? i took mine all apart and reassembled it... still doesnt work... any ideas?

Unread 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
rwrhino91
1990 YJ Wrangler 

On the underside of your canceling cam you have two raised ridges. Those ridges should be evenly placed between the two springs on your turn signal. When you just lay it there it does not look like it is going to do anything but it will once you compress it and put the keeper ring back on.
rwrhino91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

so the two cams face to the left or the right?

Unread 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
jerseyrider1119
1995 YJ Wrangler 

found out what it was.. i was missing one of those loopy springs the cam hits and cancles the switch back...

Unread 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Hodadd
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I currently have this same problem on my new to me 91 YJ. Thanks for the excellent link, because of that I found I'm missing one of the springs that cancel as the wheel turns.

However, I've still got a mystery, which is the horn set up. Someone's been in there before and it does not look like the diagram at all.
Hodadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.