Turn signal issue. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Turn signal issue.

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
SpikesHD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Turn signal issue.

I rescued my Heep from a PO who hacked the heck out of the wiring. I had to remove most of the under hood wiring just to get the engine to start reliably.

When I turn the ignition key to 'ACC' the whole dash lights up, seatbelt buzzer and all. I found out why, there is a yellow wire in the harness under the hood connected to a white wire that goes directly back to the fuse block. I haven't found out what he screwed up to have to do that yet.

My issue:
My headlights and marker lights work fine.
My brake lights and turn signals work fine.

When my headlights are off and I hit the brakes, my LEFT front turn signal and front fender marker light come on with the brake lights. Turn signals work fine.

When my headlights are ON my Right turn signals don't work. Just a solid light.

It's puzzling me!

Trailer wiring seems to work fine with headlights off, haven't tried with lights on.

Any ideas?

Unread 09-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

start by cleaning the grounds at the tail lights.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.