tuffy console - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tuffy console

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

tuffy console

I am looking to buy the Tuffy stereo console and was wondering which one to get. I was looking on Quadratec.com and I saw that there are 6.5, 8 and 10 inch wide versions available. Which one should I get for my 95 YJ?

obsessedjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

8" fits between factory seats and will fit a standard radio

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
RebelYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have the ten inch one and love the big storage area. Not sure how it differs from the 8 inch wide one though. Let me know if you can fit both factory manuals, 2 tow straps, a maglight, and case of cds and only be half full

But I'm sure the 8 inch wide is more than enough room. Besides mine is a little snug with the seatbelts and gets caught on the driver side after having it moved forward to let people get into the back.

What ever size you chose, enjoy the added security! I sure did!
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedjeeper
I am looking to buy the Tuffy stereo console and was wondering which one to get. I was looking on Quadratec.com and I saw that there are 6.5, 8 and 10 inch wide versions available. Which one should I get for my 95 YJ?
In a 95 YJ with factory seats you can fit either the 6.5" or 8". The 6.5" is similar size to the factory console and leaves a little room between the console and seats. The 8" wide takes up all of the space and touches the seats but offers the benefit of increased storage space. If you have swapped in different seats, you will have to measure how much width you have at the widest parts of the seats.

Jeff Fox
Tuffy
tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
obsessedjeeper
2013 WK 

well, heck, in that case, ill just get the 8 inch wide one. Im always lookin for more space. lol. thanks
obsessedjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessedjeeper
well, heck, in that case, ill just get the 8 inch wide one. Im always lookin for more space. lol. thanks
I don't know. I got the 6.5" which has a wider nose for the stereo, and aftermarket seats rub on it a lot. I am very happy with the inside space of the 6.5, it's deep and long.

One thing no one mentioned yet is that most all CD/MP3 players are not approved to be angled any more than 30 deg, not the 75 or so of a Tuffy. I got a Kenwood model that uses USB2. I have a 1gb thumb drive that use rather than CDs.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.